Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(OT) I got a new tattoo on Sunday! Need advice *UPDATE* back from the Dr

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:46 AM
  • 11 Replies

This is what it looked like on Sunday, the day after I got it...And this is what it looks like now. Yuck! And it really freakin hurts! This is my 4th tattoo and I never had any problems with the other ones. Any advise ladies?

*UPDATE* The tattoo was infected. EWWW!!!  I'm on two different antibiotics. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. Now I'm wondering if I should go back and let the same artist work on it again? Should I call the shop and tell them about the infection?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desperatelyTTC
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:57 AM

That is weird. No advice though, sorry.

onemuddinMater
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Looks to me like the color  isnt sticking I would go back to where you got it done and asked them to re-do it. They usually can  put more ink in, sometimes thought are bodies dont like certain colors. i would deff call them and let them know u want it fixed.. Sorry thats happening but I sure do like it

jspencer1014
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:04 AM

It is totally weird!!!  Not sure what's happening! lol

Quoting desperatelyTTC:

That is weird. No advice though, sorry.

jspencer1014
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:12 AM

It is so crazy! I have other tattoos with the same color in them and had NO problems with them! I have 3 months to go back and get it fixed, so I think I'm just going to wait and see how it heals then go back in. I just hope it's not infected or something!!! YUCK

And thanks! I was diagnosed with breast cancer 7 years ago when I was 32 and again when I was 35. I've been four years cancer free and wanted a tattoo to celebrate it!!!

Quoting onemuddinMater:

Looks to me like the color  isnt sticking I would go back to where you got it done and asked them to re-do it. They usually can  put more ink in, sometimes thought are bodies dont like certain colors. i would deff call them and let them know u want it fixed.. Sorry thats happening but I sure do like it

dream-catcher
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I haven't had any tattoos done (YET...) so I really don't know and don't have any advice, but I wanted to say despite it all--it's a gorgeous tattoo, and CONGRATULATIONS for being cancer-free for 4 years. Cancer is so devastating. v_v I'm so glad you kicked its butt.

Rachelle11503
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Hmm that is weird....what are you putting on it? After I got mine on my foot I was told to wash it twice a day gently with dial soap and then put a small amount of an unscented lotion on it 4-5 times a day, too much can attract bacteria, just enough so that it soaks in...don't use a petroleum based ointment or balm...it can fade the ink fast (happened to my first tattoo), definitley NOT neosporin.
I can't tell in the picture if its the ink fading or if its infection (puss)
Hope you get it figured out, its a pretty tattoo!!

Rachelle11503
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Also do not bandage it or cover it with plastic wrap! It needs to breath

ttc_w_pcos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Posted by ttc_w_pcos
today at 12:32pm report
I would let it heal( don't scratch or peel the scabs) keep it mosturized. And then if it still looks like that go back in. My husband is covered in tats and they always look funny when healing. If it has shading in it, it will look like there's no ink there untill it heals. Hth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM

It could be your skin in that particular area or the ink that they used, or you could be putting too much oitment and it's making the color "run".  Wait till it's fully healed and you may need to get it touched up. Good luck.

jspencer1014
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Thanks everyone! Your advice has been really helpful! I appreciate you all taking the time to respond. I'm heading to my Dr's walk-in clinic in a few. I'm thinking infection, maybe. We'll see. Thanks again.(((big hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)