Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things I've learned from my loss(es)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

1-How even though it's not your first loss and you think "it's not my first loss, I should be able to get over this fairly 'easily'" that's absolutely not the case. Each loss is just as heart breaking as the one before.

2-How you can love someone so strongly and unconditionally even though you never really "knew" them.

3-How much your friends and complete strangers can help you through the pain.

4-How good your friends are at understanding when you say "I don't wanna talk about it" and how they'll still be the shoulder you need to cry on when you finally do.

5-How hard it'd be on your DH/BF/SO, even if they don't talk about it.

6-How easily jealousy can develop, how angry it can make you, and how heart breaking it can be when some girl in your class talks daily and non-stop about her pregnancy.

7-How, even though you kind of wish you could, you'll NEVER forget about the baby that almost was.

Feel free to add yours.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM
8. How horribly common miscarriage is, and yet we never talk about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dream-catcher
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Agreed.

Double agreed, livndaybyday.

ms_jasmine
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:42 PM
How you'd always heard about it but never thought it could happen to you...
cindy82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM
That even with all the medical knowledge we still may never know why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jspencer1014
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM

How most people don't know what to say so they end up saying stupid hurtful things just to fill the silence. And how to not hold that against them.

ashtie
by Ashten on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM
1.How scared to death you are when you get pregnant after a loss even though u are excited and how you could lose this one in the blink of an eye...
2. Somehow you think you are invincable after delivering a health baby just to be floored to reality when u lose a second to mc.
OwensMommy77
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM

How you suddenly feel horrible for what you did or didn't say to someone who you know had a miscarriage before you did.

OwensMommy77
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM

How you suddenly believe much more strongly that Heaven exists, and that you KNOW you'll get to hold your little one there, even if you didn't get to on Earth.

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:28 PM

-how guilty you feel but don't really understand why.

-how much you worry about your next pregnancy & may try to distance yourself from it b/c you're so scared you'll lose this one too.

desperatelyTTC
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Agree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)