Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another trip to the Dr....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

I went back to the RE the next day after my blood work came back and I had some time to think of questions.  He is confident the IUI MIGHT work.  It gives us significantly better chances than doing nothing.  I am trying to remind myself we were given this news 5 yrs ago and we got pregnant naturally 3 times despite those odds.  10% sounds bad, but being than healthy people only have a 20% any given cycle, I am trying to remember the I still half the chance of someone else, it's not like 10% is a tenth of the chance anyone else has.

So, I started on Clomid yesterday.  It's a low dose to stimulate it and basically put my body on his time clock so he can time it perfectly.  We were directed to abstain until the insemination.  He is waiting on a call from his Dr.  to see if he can take something to boost his count.  I have an u/s for Thurs. to see if the Clomid is making the egg grow to the optimal size. 

I am trying to remind myself I have been pregnant THREE times without help.  This will hopefully speed things along.  The Dr. and I talked about the fact the odds and treatment he gave me were based on not having kids.  He is hoping that the fact I have kids also boosts our odds to a little higher than the statistics would show.  He said he has had other couples that were in worse shape than us and still were successful.  He said he wouldn't even bother trying a treatment he didn't think COULD work, so now we try and pray.

This is something I never thought I would do, but part of me feels like this is the path God is leading me down.  Perhaps I have to work a little harder and prove how much I want it and will appreciate it more because of it, but right now I feel better than I did the other day. 

I am going to try and not talk or think about TTC too much anymore.  I am going to go to my appts. and put this in the hands of the Dr. and of course God, bc at the end of the day my prayer has been answered in the fact I haven't heard that I will NOT get pregnant again, it's just going to be a journey. 

As always, thank you for your continued support.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Rachelle11503
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I'm glad you are having a more positive outlook. Lots and lots of sticky baby dust to you!

desperatelyTTC
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Agreed!

Quoting Rachelle11503:

I'm glad you are having a more positive outlook. Lots and lots of sticky baby dust to you!

melodynewsome
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Wishing u stick vibes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jspencer1014
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Good luck! I'm sending tons of sticky baby dust your way! I hope that everything works out the way you want it to and that you'll get your BFP very very soon!

GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Stay positive. Your momentum is all in the right direction.

dream-catcher
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:02 AM

What Rachelle and jspencer1014 said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)