Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(OT) What are you doing....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM
  • 15 Replies

this summer??  Any anniversaries, vacations, celebrations????  Please share!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachelle11503
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:07 PM

We dont have a lot planned, but I do wnat to do SOMETHING.  My daughter's 7th birthday is in August so I'm excited/nervous about that, hard to watch them grow so darn fast!

Devious103102
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I'm TRYING to get to PA for my dad's 4th of July party, I really hope I can! Other than that no solid plans. With me being in school (and not getting ANY breaks!) and DH's crazy work schedule we can't actually plan anything more than a week in advance.  DD1's birthday is July 25th so we're thinking of going camping since the whole summer camp thing for her and DD2 didn't work out (they got full).

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Not doing much..Everyone's birthday has come & gone already except my moms. we will probably do something for her but that's about it.

No vacation but we are talking about our move--not sure if it will be the summer or fall--Maybe a little bit later. It's a big desicion we're giving it A LOT of thought..lOl

dream-catcher
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Our wedding anniversary is in July. Our first loss happened in July as well. I have wedding fever and I really want to renew our vows and have our actual ceremony--we rushed through it trying to purchase our home. We won't be able to swing that kind of thing this summer though.

We're supposedly planning a fishing trip for August.

Other than that... I don't know. There is no such thing as "planning" in this family. It irks me, lol.

sah11
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Quoting Rachelle11503:

We dont have a lot planned, but I do wnat to do SOMETHING.  My daughter's 7th birthday is in August so I'm excited/nervous about that, hard to watch them grow so darn fast!

I am sure DD's bday will be a blast.  Time does go so fast!  I hope you get to plan something fun for yourself too.

sah11
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Quoting Devious103102:

I'm TRYING to get to PA for my dad's 4th of July party, I really hope I can! Other than that no solid plans. With me being in school (and not getting ANY breaks!) and DH's crazy work schedule we can't actually plan anything more than a week in advance.  DD1's birthday is July 25th so we're thinking of going camping since the whole summer camp thing for her and DD2 didn't work out (they got full).

I hope you make it to your Dad's party.  Camping sounds like fun for you and the girls.  Enjoy!

sah11
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Not doing much..Everyone's birthday has come & gone already except my moms. we will probably do something for her but that's about it.

No vacation but we are talking about our move--not sure if it will be the summer or fall--Maybe a little bit later. It's a big desicion we're giving it A LOT of thought..lOl

Good luck with the move!  That is a huge undertaking!  Enjoy your summer whatever you end up doing.

sah11
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Quoting dream-catcher:

Our wedding anniversary is in July. Our first loss happened in July as well. I have wedding fever and I really want to renew our vows and have our actual ceremony--we rushed through it trying to purchase our home. We won't be able to swing that kind of thing this summer though.

We're supposedly planning a fishing trip for August.

Other than that... I don't know. There is no such thing as "planning" in this family. It irks me, lol.

Well Happy Anniversary.  I hope you get to renew your vows, you deserve something special!

dream-catcher
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Thankie.

sah11
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 8:07 AM

This summer my brother is moving back with his family.  They have been in Seattle for 6 yrs and I have barely seen them.  I am so excited they will only be about 2.5 hrs away now.  They get back July 12th!  I turn 30 on July 27th.   My baby boy would have been here June 22nd the official beginning of summer so that I am dreading.  My 7 yr. anniversary is in August.  No trips planned.  We usually go to my parents' summer house in Cape Cod for a week, but DH took his vacation in Feb and then he'll take his other week during the Christmas week so there is no time off for the summer.  Maybe I will pack the kids up and head up there just the 3 of us for a change of scenery for a couple of days.  Who knows...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)