Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

After a miscarriage did you have a hard time being around kids?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 26 Replies
My husband and I went to his family reunion last Sunday and there were about 5 children there under the age of 2. I could hardly sit in the room because I was thinking about our angel babt that we lost about 3 weeks ago. I started crying in front of everyone and went outside. Has anyone else had this problem?

Then last night I was with a group of friends that were talking about babies and how they didn't want to have any. This situation also made me tear up.

Keep in mind in both situations everyone knew about our loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sclee1205
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 8:39 PM

I had a really hard time being around kids. I went to see my neices and nephew (neices are 7,4 and nephew 9) the day after i miscarried  i teared up and my bff had her kid 3 days before my miscarriage.  Its still hard but its alittle better.

yksurepa_570
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I did not have that optiion to not want to be around children.  I have 3 others 6,4,and 2 hat I had to take care of.  But when i saw a brand new baby all I wanted to do was cry.  It will get better as you heal and as time progress.

rawrbaby
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 9:41 PM
I had a hard time for a long time. Oh what am I kidding I still have a hard time. It's been almost 8 months since my first loss and two months since my second loss. You are not alone. (hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purplepride80
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM

You know I thought it would be hard to be around them, but for me it was very theraputic.   Although I have always loved kids, it they felt more like miracles to me than ever before.   Even if they were not mine.  I am sorry that those were hard situations for you.   I hope that it will get better for you.    

desperatelyTTC
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Yes. It has been nearly a year since my first loss and i still cry when i am around newborns and pregnant bellies. I pray it gets easier for you soon. (((HUGS)))

CDM516
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 11:32 PM

My sister and I found I we were both pregnant around the same time and she was due the end of october and I was due beginning of november.  I ended up having a miscarriage, and she went on to have my niece.  I was unable to even hold me neice for 6 months because everytime I saw her it broke my heart to think of what I should have had.  I still have issues around special occasions and times.  I recently suffere m/c number 5 and my SIL had my nephew about 1 month ago and I still have not been able to hold him.  Just take things one day at a time, and realize that everyone copes differently.

piscesmch
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I know exactly how you feel. All my friends who were pregnant with me had their kids and they are all healthy and happy and I am having trouble getting pregnant again. And I have a family reunion in July and three of my cousins are all pregnant. Not sure how that is going to go.  I might have to leave early to keep from falling apart. All three of my bridesmaids had babies and I have been around all of them. I actually have babysat for one of them twice. I try to put on a happy face but it is getting harder the more I can't conceive. I guess it will only get better since I can't imagine it getting worse. 

Mary7367
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 12:15 AM
I've been thru 4 miscarriages in 4 years & I'm 38. I'm starting loose hope. There are days that I'm okay when I see kids but there other days it's very hard to see them and even hold them. It's hard to be positive and not to cry. I understand what you are feeling. I wish I can tell you it gets better sooner than later but im still struggling myself. I try to help my friends who get pregnant with there baby showers ( I don't know if it's me being masokist or its just my way of trying to live thru the dream of having a baby shower with all the baby stuff, since I haven't been able) I don't all I can say it's been a rough rollacoster ride of feelings. Just hang in there and talk to people you trust and let your feelings out. Don't keep them in. They'll just make you miserable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 12:38 AM

it was rough being around babies about a month after I lost baby. After about 2-3 months it got a little easier..And as time went on it got even better.

2004MAMA715
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 12:45 AM
With my first mc my cousins daughter was born about a month after and I cried, but they knew and understood. It was the first baby I really saw. With the last mc I have a 2 boys and I hate it, but its tough even being around them, but my doctor put me on an antidepressent. I just started taking it 3 days ago, but it was so bad I had to send the boys to their dad for a few days. Ive always been real sick too though. It seems everywhere I go there are pregnant women and babies. Drives me crazy, but I know it will get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)