Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take you to get pregnant again after m/c????

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 27 Replies

Hi!

I had my first ever miscarriage back on May 23rd. I was 12 weeks and baby's heart beat stopped a week prior. I was devastated, this was our 3rd baby and it had taken us over a year to finally get pregnant. My period returned exactly a month after my d/c so this past week i ovulated and we tried to get pregnant. Of course i won't know if it worked for another 2 weeks or so, but i was wondering if any of you could tell me how long did it take you to get pregnant again after a miscarriage? I'm 40 so i hope it's not going to take forever to get pregnant again...So i was wondering about other's experience....if you were able to conceive and get pregnant after your miscarriage, how long after was it??? I've hear of women getting pregnant super fast after a miscarriage and others took forever....thanks for your input girls!!!!!!!! and sticky baby dust to us all!

Kat.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM

hugsfirst sorry for you loss. i had my first mc with my second child last summer i was 8 weeks. my mc was natural and lasted couple of days. me and my husband were so happy to be havign another since we tried for almost 11 months before getting pregnant again and then in moment our happiness turn to sadness. i started spotting first off and on and the day before we were suppose to go to the dr's to found out how far long i was i started to cramp and bleed but we tried to stay postive thougth out the whole thing even thought the baby was already gone. my husband told me it was up to me if i wanted to start trying again and I told him i want too so once the dr told us to wait unitl my first normal period we started to ttc again. but not it has been 11 months and i'm still not pregnant and i don't know why or what is going on. next month will be year i had mc and if nothing by then, then i'm calling up my ob to talk to them. good luck to you.

sah11
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I am very sorry for your loss.  I lost my baby at 11 weeks and it is completely devastating.  It was also my 3rd child (1st lost).  I am sad to say it has been 7 months and I am still not pregnant (though I am in my 2WW as of yesterday).  Good luck!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM

((hugs)) i'm sorry for your loss hun. 

Mom2MonkeyGeese
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Mine took about 4 cycles after m/c - one thing I noticed is that my ovulation started a couple of days later than it had been occuring before so I had to pay closer attention to that, so you may need to go through a couple of cycles just to regain a knowledge of when you ovulate.....just fyi....

Kat2619
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Quoting sah11:

I am very sorry for your loss.  I lost my baby at 11 weeks and it is completely devastating.  It was also my 3rd child (1st lost).  I am sad to say it has been 7 months and I am still not pregnant (though I am in my 2WW as of yesterday).  Good luck!

what does WW stands for??? :)

Rachelle11503
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:10 PM

so sorry for your loss. I lost my 3rd pregnancy as well. I did get pregnant the next cycle but unfortunatley that pregnancy also ended in a loss, but dont let that discourage you, my doc said that is not common, infact he was kind of surprised and was feeling confident.
Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust to you!

babaysmama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:08 PM

i had my  last mc in jan and got pregnant in april... good luck

ashtie
by Ashten on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Its been 7months since d&c still no luck 72 days late but not preg.. Lots of luck and hugs to you and some sticky baby dust
lauren07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM
I m/c in aug 2010 at 8 wks had an D&c at 10 wks which I thought was .. My 3rd pregnancy 1st loss.. But anyways I found out I was pregnant in dec soo it took me bout 3 months.. Im 8 months pregnant with a boy due next month aug 18th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM

2ww means 2 week wait.

Quoting Kat2619:

Quoting sah11:

what does WW stands for??? :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)