Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI..Kinda Off Topic but need help!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

Okay so I hope that someone is experiencing the same thing I have...so I miscarried this past weekend and it was horrible..was in excruciating pain. Now for the past 4 days or so mostly in the morning I will feel like I need to either pass gas or go number 2 but its a huge chore to do either..so I thought I must be constipated from the vicodin they gave me for the pain. Well the only thing that bothers me more is that I will get this sharp shooting pain inside my rectum its horrible and only last a few seconds to minutes but when it happens I cant do anything but try to push or something..sometimes Im able to pass some gas and it helps but it doesnt get better till I can actually go to the bathroom and then I immediately take some ibprofuen and hope I can make it through work without it happening again. I see my doc later this morning to follow up from my ER visit and will probably ask her what is happening but was hoping maybe one of you ladies has experienced this. I remember have this a handful of times but only on my period but this seems to be a bit more prolonged..I am still bleeding from the miscarriage and dunno if that has anything to do with it. Thanks again and sorry for the TMI!!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AlphaTango11
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM

The only thing I can think of is if you are still contracting that it might feel like a lot of pressure on your behind. I'm glad that you will be able to see your doctor later...hopefully they will have some answers for you. So sorry for your loss.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I haven't had that happen but that's what I was thinking to is that maybe your body is still trying to pass everything since you said your doing a natural m/c.  Either way I hope your doctor can give you some answers ((Hugs))

Quoting AlphaTango11:

The only thing I can think of is if you are still contracting that it might feel like a lot of pressure on your behind. I'm glad that you will be able to see your doctor later...hopefully they will have some answers for you. So sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Rachelle11503
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM

You may have some tissue left over...With my 2nd loss it lasted weeks, and before it was completely over, for 2 days it felt like I had a rubberband around my stomach and like gas pains, I even took pepto. Turned out it was me contracting, because after I passed the baby the sensation stopped. Hope your doc had some answers for you!

Jess21608
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM

My OB said its probably constipation due to a couple things..1 being that my uterus is inflammed and irritated from the miscarriage which puts pressure on the rectum and then the vicodin didnt do me any favors. So I have to take ibprofuen, milk of magnesia and a shot of warm prune juice for 2 to 3 days and hopefully that should help everything calm down!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)