Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cytotec to help miscarriage along?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I am new to the group and my name is Tammy.  I would be 10 weeks this weekend but at the 8 week appointment was told there is no heartbeat.  I have been waiting for two weeks to start bleeding but nothing.  My doctor did another ultra sound to confirm no heartbeat and gave me Cytotec to take at home to bring on the physical part of the miscarriage.  Has anyone else taken this to speed up the miscarriage?  I haven't taken it yet, just wondering if anyone else has.

Tammy

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Roozen
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I was just about to ask my Dr for it and then I started spotting yesterday (2 wks after the ultrasound, 3-4 wks after our baby died). So, no experience here, but here's a bump for you. :)

Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I took it this last pregnancy to help push out whatever still needed to come out, but mainly it was to slow/stop the bleeding cause, apparently, I was bleeding WAY too much.  I also took it when I was 15 for the same reason (m/c and was bleeding WAY too much). I will say, though, take some tylenol with it because you will have some intense cramping.  Good luck!

ttsweetie2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Quoting Devious103102:

I took it this last pregnancy to help push out whatever still needed to come out, but mainly it was to slow/stop the bleeding cause, apparently, I was bleeding WAY too much.  I also took it when I was 15 for the same reason (m/c and was bleeding WAY too much). I will say, though, take some tylenol with it because you will have some intense cramping.  Good luck!

My doctor gave me some Percocet to take with it for the cramping that I should have.

Tammy

mlawson803
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I took it after D & C for bleeding.  Do take something for cramping.

jellybeanbrew
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:35 PM
I took two doses of it but it didn't work for me, so I ended up having a d&c.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)