Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GENABELLA!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just wanted to love on you in a BIG way! Your PM made my day (owe you one, but need to get the B-meister ready for school and myself off to work--and you know I like having time to kvetch. LOL!). But what made my day even more was seeing you popping around the group.

This is in NO WAY a guilt thing, my fabulous friend. I MISS YOU like I miss my pre-children figure (LMBO!), but I want most for you to get some rest and TCB and stay sane in the process. ;-)

Just needed to love on you, as I said, because I know you work yourself to the bone at home. And I know, though you do it out of love, that can be a thankless, seemingly "invisible" job (especially when done well, as you do it). And I want you to know that I SEE YOU AND YOUR FABULICIOUSNESS and I BOW DOWN TO YOU AND ADORE YOU!

bowing down hugging you rock little flower

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
genabella
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM

happymiss youOkay, Nikki... I was determined to NOT cry today.. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. LOL!  You are just the sweetest!!! OMGoodness, I've SO missed being here. I've been trying to understand why it has felt ike something's been missing. I mean, don't get me wrong, every SINGLE moment is taken with something to be done but there's just been this nagging "emptiness"(?) and I hadn't been able to pinpoint it...until now. I have MISSED you SO much!!  Just to give you an idea of what it's like here.. I just got home from picking up my oldest and running by the pharmacy to grab her Rx. I've stopped typing twice to help open snacks. We just got in and my beautiful little bundle is screaming like CRAZY because.... that's what she does. Little Brady will be 11 weeks old tomorrow and she cries... and she cries...and she screams and she cries. She's not on formula, so it's not that. She wants me to hold her.... all day. And as much as I would like to, I feel like I need to email her the memo informing her that she's NUMBER 5... not an only child. ROFL! Kidding, of course... but I literally can't take her to the store. She cries and screams so much that we become a spectacle and people start to flock around to see "what's wrong." I kid you not...At her pediatrician, the staff refer to her as the "crybaby." LOL  And it's quite literal. Since she arrived, I've gone head first into keeping all the plates spinning and, needless to say, it's not easy. It's rewarding.. but not easy, esp. not when you haven't been able to sleep, either. The kids started school so we're back to the early morning hustle. My little guy throws his tantrums b/c he's still adjusting. I have 3 kids in 2 different schools so we have to haul it. I've been going nonstop since 5:30 this a.m. and "miles to go before I sleep." I have dinner to finish, homework to check, baths to give, the baby to nurse, my daughter's blood glucose log to RE-do since she misplaced the one we've been keeping for this week and a pediatrician to call re: a refill for her. So, yeah.... it's been busy. Please know that it would take THIS level of unpredictable insanity for me to stay away as long as I have.

It brings me more joy than you know to come here and know that I'm amongst friends.

*In my Eric Cartman voice* "I love you guys!"

going crazyhugsthank yougroup hug

echupko
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Hugs!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I don't know how you do it. Seriously-when I was in the bad way while trying to work and be mom and be a *doting* wife to (okay, stop snickering. I'll revise: workhorse of a wife to? a wife who deals with? LOL!) an injured husband, I thought of you daily and couldn't imagine juggling all that you do. You boggle my brain. I feel exhausted just thinking of all you do. And this is why I find my career such a respite, though it brings its own challenges. LOL!

We both know it gets better (with the kids, at least. The husbands? Oy. . .  ROFL!). We both know sleep will come back to us like a long-lost friend. Yada yada yada. But, man, it's nice to know that someone else gets it and recognizes that, shoot!, what we are doing ain't all easy peasy.

I can't wait until we are both back in here being our jokey selves. And, seriously, we need to plan that CM cruise (then you come to the slumber party in my cabin and we'll drink champagne and eat junk and watch "Waiting to Exhale" and cackle in glee and get our nails done. LOL!

smile

Quoting genabella:

happymiss youOkay, Nikki... I was determined to NOT cry today.. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. LOL!  You are just the sweetest!!! OMGoodness, I've SO missed being here. I've been trying to understand why it has felt ike something's been missing. I mean, don't get me wrong, every SINGLE moment is taken with something to be done but there's just been this nagging "emptiness"(?) and I hadn't been able to pinpoint it...until now. I have MISSED you SO much!!  Just to give you an idea of what it's like here.. I just got home from picking up my oldest and running by the pharmacy to grab her Rx. I've stopped typing twice to help open snacks. We just got in and my beautiful little bundle is screaming like CRAZY because.... that's what she does. Little Brady will be 11 weeks old tomorrow and she cries... and she cries...and she screams and she cries. She's not on formula, so it's not that. She wants me to hold her.... all day. And as much as I would like to, I feel like I need to email her the memo informing her that she's NUMBER 5... not an only child. ROFL! Kidding, of course... but I literally can't take her to the store. She cries and screams so much that we become a spectacle and people start to flock around to see "what's wrong." I kid you not...At her pediatrician, the staff refer to her as the "crybaby." LOL  And it's quite literal. Since she arrived, I've gone head first into keeping all the plates spinning and, needless to say, it's not easy. It's rewarding.. but not easy, esp. not when you haven't been able to sleep, either. The kids started school so we're back to the early morning hustle. My little guy throws his tantrums b/c he's still adjusting. I have 3 kids in 2 different schools so we have to haul it. I've been going nonstop since 5:30 this a.m. and "miles to go before I sleep." I have dinner to finish, homework to check, baths to give, the baby to nurse, my daughter's blood glucose log to RE-do since she misplaced the one we've been keeping for this week and a pediatrician to call re: a refill for her. So, yeah.... it's been busy. Please know that it would take THIS level of unpredictable insanity for me to stay away as long as I have.

It brings me more joy than you know to come here and know that I'm amongst friends.

*In my Eric Cartman voice* "I love you guys!"

going crazyhugsthank yougroup hug

MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Its funny you guys posted this because I was thinking of each of you today and wondering how you are all doing lol... Im glad to see well!! :)  

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:08 AM

LOL! That is funny! And come over here, Tara, and join the love fest!

group hug

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Its funny you guys posted this because I was thinking of each of you today and wondering how you are all doing lol... Im glad to see well!! :)  

Cafe Jenn
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Gena, have you thought to take Brady to the chiropractor? I know it sounds weird for an 11 week old but a good friend of mine had a newborn who would cry and cry and cry and she took her to the chiropractor, he did some adjusting and since then she's been so much better. 

I also want to let you know that I miss you greatly. I love reading your posts.

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Oh, good point, Jenn! I actually started having both kids get adjusted at 5 weeks old. I remember Brennen's first adjustment. He gave the cutest little sigh, then smiled afterward. :-) 

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Gena, have you thought to take Brady to the chiropractor? I know it sounds weird for an 11 week old but a good friend of mine had a newborn who would cry and cry and cry and she took her to the chiropractor, he did some adjusting and since then she's been so much better. 

I also want to let you know that I miss you greatly. I love reading your posts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)