• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is surprising me

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

**Would have been at 16 weeks and 4 days today**

This past week I have been so busy that I have not really thought about my angel baby, which is fine with me because it helps in dealing with my loss. However I do still keep track of where I am supposed to be in pregnancy. ANYWAY, if anyone remembers, my boyfriend just told me to forget about the baby after my miscarriage.  Well last night we were laying in bed and he started talking about baby names, and just like that, all of the emotion that I had "forgotten" about this week came rushing back.  Now we have talked about my miscarriage AT ALL since I told him 8 weeks ago because I don't know how he feels about it.  But it did surprise me that he started talking about baby names.  I guess it confused me.  We have talked about baby names in the past, but I wonder why he chose to so soon after our loss, even if we hadn't planned to be pregnant.  I guess I am just a little confused right now.  Would this confuse anyone else?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lunabella79
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Yes, but I'm guessing that maybe he wants to try again? Or maybe he was testing the waters? Or maybe there was nothing to it and that's just how men work....

And they say we're hard to figure out??? What did you say to him or how did you react?

mommyofnoah208
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Ya that is a little surprising. Maybe he is trying to see where your at without directly asking because he is worried or not sure how to bring it up. Just try to be open with him and maybe hes ready to talk. Thinking of you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Sorry hun I don't no because men can be super confusing sometimes.  I would just talk to him about it and see why he brought up baby names ((hug))

Lizzy128
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Well he started asking me if I like different names and I was answering yes or no to them.  It was probably a 20 min convo, which they have never lasted that long before.  It ended just as it started.  Maybe he is wondering how I would react or maybe trying to open up for a convo about our loss, but I also didn't want to push it.  maybe next time I'll try it talk more.

~Lizzy~

lunabella79
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I think that he was probably trying to see how you would take it. That and I think this is his own way of now starting to accept and deal with the loss. I'm sure it affected him as well, but many men tend to just close-up and try to forget whatever has hurt them so they can move on. Thinking about you!

-Tricia (32) DH Andrew (33), DS Damian (7), DS "Litle" Andrew (5) and 2 angel babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)