Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

celebrating the life of your baby

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

this is just something I thought would be good to share here

Here's a little background for the story.. I took my last miscarriage really hard. It wasn't planned  but from the moment I knew I was proud and in love. I wasn't well through out my short pregnancy I was in constant pain and just felt horrible. Anyway, after I lost the baby I fell into a deep depression that I still battle with sometimes. I had absolutely no one to talk to except my boyfriend, and I couldn't bring myself to tell him at first. We've been together for a long time now and I usually tell him everything. Talking to him helped a little but not too much because he is stationed across country. I felt all alone and the past months have been a struggle.

I just got back home after spending 2 weeks with him. While I was there he came up with the idea to have a little birthday party for her To celebrate her little life instead of  constantly dwelling on her death. It meant so much to me for him to think of that. This is the first time we were able to evenn talk about it in person and be together since the miscarriage. We made a cake together completely from scatch and then he said he had a surprise, he went to the store all on his own and came back with candles, flowers, a birthday banner, card, and balloons all so I would really feel like we were doing it right. we had a little lunch and then filled out a little memory book. together. We were able to cry, share our feelings, and finally grieve together. Doing all of this finally got him to open up and make the loss real.

I just wanted to maybe put this out there as an idea for others because it really helped me. I would have never thought of this by myself and honestly would have thought of this as silly (as most of you probably do) It's helped me so much and brought alot of peace. I have pictures just if any one is interested.. just didnt want to fill the post with them.

Just wanted to share and give the idea to others :)

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM

That's so sweet what you two did for your angel baby :)

mommyofnoah208
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

That was a very sweet idea, I am so glad that you guys got that special night!

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM
That's a great idea! I think we'll do a birthday party for our little one on her birthday next year. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyenne0324
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

thank you ladies!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)