Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hiya

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi My name is Chelsea. I was seventeen when I heard my first miscarriage and I was a month a long when I had my miscarriage. May 12th 2007 on my best friend birthday. I know the baby was only a fetus and everybody tells me that doesn't count, but to me it does. I named him/she Hope because that little thing gave me more hope than anybody could. He/She is also named after my cousin Hope. After so long I have recovered and want to try and have another baby.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom2be08
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your baby did and does count because it was a baby from conception.  Try to let comments like that go in one ear and out the other.  Sometime people don't know what to say about a miscarriage.  I feel if people don't know what to say, the words "I'm sorry" is a good response. 

I love the name Hope....very pretty!  Hoping you get that sticky BFP very, very soon!  Hugs!

SerenitySakura
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Thank you. I hope so too, but I have to find the right guy. Right now the really sweet guy I'm with is panicky so we are going to the Nuva Ring for him. But I really do want to try to have another baby.

newmom2be08
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I forgot to mention....welcome to the group! 

ashtie
by Ashten on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM
IM so sorry for your loss and im so gald you have healed enoughto try again!! And any baby counts no matter how young they were or are
SerenitySakura
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Yes I would love to try again, but I'm going on the Nuva Ring for him wether I like it or not. But he right now is defiently worth it... I mean I have all these baby clothes that I got when I first found out I was pregnant I would like to use them at some point. But when the time is right hopefully I can get pregnant.... And thank you for welcoming me into the group.

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Welcome to the group! "Fetus" is such a cold, clinical word. I understand the need for it in clinical settings for clearer communication and records, but, yeah. We always stick with "baby". ;) I think Hope is a lovely name! That's in the running for our next one. :) I hope you get to use those baby clothes someday soon!

lunabella79
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hi Chelsea, and welcome to our group! Here you will find some amazing ladies that all know what you've been through. My name is Tricia and about 3 weeks ago I suffered my 2nd MC. My first one was at 5 weeks and this one was at 10. First of all, fetus or no fetus, it does indeed count. It doesn't matter if you were 4 weeks along or 39, a baby is a baby no matter how small, and it still tears our hearts apart when they leave us so soon.

I'm glad to hear that you have moved on enough to try again and it doesn't mean that you miss your baby any less.

-Tricia (32) DH Andrew (33), DS Damian (7), DS "Litle" Andrew (5) and 2 angel babies

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Welcome to the group! i'm so sorry for your loss though hun.  And no matter what anyone tells you your baby did count.

mommyofnoah208
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Welcome to the group! I am so sorry for your loss, don't let people tell you that wasnt a baby or that you shouldnt be sad. It was a baby you lost and you have every right to grieve the loss of your child. Thinking of you, and we are all here for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Welcome, Chelsea.

First, let me assure you that Hope absolutely DOES COUNT. That precious baby was real and I know your love for your baby was intense. It doesn't matter how far along you were--you experienced the loss of a child. That hurts. That counts. That affects you forever.

We understand. And we are here for you as you get ready to try to conceive again. I am glad you have healed--but please know that if you feel shaky as you TTC (and when you get pregnant), we will rally around you.

Again, WELCOME! I'm so glad you joined our family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)