Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when is a good time to TTC again?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:20 PM
  • 13 Replies
i lost my baby 8/15/11 we were talking about waiting a yr and a half in feb 2013 so we have a Nov baby but i dont think i can wait a yr and half so i was thinking this feb 2012 so i have a baby next Nov do u think 6 months is long enough to wait after a miscarriage?
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:33 PM
First, I'm so sorry about your loss. I think that it's truely up to you and how far along you were when you had your mc. We were a little over 6 weeks and decided to start ttc after the first AF. I feel like I'm running out of time to have the big family we always wanted even though I'm going to be 34 in a few weeks, so we didn't want to waste time. And it's taken us longer to get pg than either of us had thought.

Have you asked your doctor? Did they recommend you wait more than 6 months?

Lots of baby dust to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lunabella79
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I think that this is a very personal decision, specially emotionally. For example, for DH and I we're already TTC and I MC 8/1/11. But my friend who MC 6 months ago still doesn't want to TTC again, she's just not ready. You know what is best for you and your SO. There is no best time, it's just the time that is good for you.

Now physically I think depends on your own medical situation, what your doctor recommends, and also how you feel. There are doctors that recommend to wait 3 cycles after a MC. Mine said to start whenever I want. And I've even heard of doctors telling their patients to wait 6 months (sometimes even more). What has your doctor recommended? How do you feel about starting sooner?

-Tricia (32) DH Andrew (33), DS Damian (7), DS "Litle" Andrew (5) and 2 angel babies

JMmama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM

It really depends on what you feel ready for and what your body can handle. We didn't wait at all. Good luck with whatever you decide!

maddynrysmama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM
i go to my pos opp appointment the 29th i heard right hafter first AF returns but i want a nov baby is why i said 6 months but i was wondering when the safest time it im scared of miscarrying again it was honestlhy the hardest thing ive been threw
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM

In the long run only you can make that decision and only you know if your ready to try again.  Good luck with your decision.

mommyofnoah208
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Sorry for your loss. Every dr has different reccomendations, but as long as you are healthy and ready six months should be enough time to start trying again. Six months is what my dr wanted me to wait after a liss at 17 weeks. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Physically, I think it depends on how quickly your hCG levels return to not-pregnant levels, when you feel physically able, and whether your doctor has cleared you (because sometimes that's necessary, depending on the details of your loss). Emotionally, I think only you and your SO will know when you have waited "long enough." I also want to caution you about aiming for a specific month in which to conceive/give birth. That can be very stressful, which can be counterproductive when TTC. Just something to keep in mind. :-)

Listen to your heart and gut. And GOOD LUCK!

sclee1205
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, but its really up to you when you want to start trying again. I got pregnant 4 months exactly after i miscarried.

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Medically, I think 6 months is more than long enough to wait (most doctors will say 3 months, some even 1), but emotionally it's a very personal decision. We didn't wait at all (we were given the go-ahead by our doc) and got pregnant right away and having the miscarriage so fresh in our minds has made the early weeks very stressful. But, in my opinion, if you're really excited about getting pregnant again, 3-6 months would be a perfectly fine amount of time to wait. Blessings on whatever you two decide!

Beyondthesky37
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I lost my baby 8-14-11.  I was 7 weeks. MY Ob said to wait two AFs before trying again.  Six months should be long enough as long as your doctor doesn't say otherwise for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)