Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Miscarriage / Hives / Pregnancy?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I had my second miscarriage in May of 2011 and I had horrible hives right before and they were fine and went away following a d&c. 

But now I am 9 weeks and 1 day and my back has started to be red again and itch every once in a while. 

I am so scared that it is related to miscarriages in someway and have started to freak out because this would be my 4th loss if I loose this baby. 

Has anyone else ever had hives before, during or after a miscarriage and or pregnancy? 

by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Are you having an allergic reaction to something? I've never had hives before in relation to miscarriage or pregnancy. I hope everything is okay!

LynWalker
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:29 PM

they only time i have had hives was because of extreme stress... i would talk to your dr about it. and also stop stressing and worring so much... it is not good for the baby and can actually cause a problem.... please try to calm down and just talk to your dr able your concerns. good luck

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I don't have any experience with hives, but my sister had hives during her pregnancy with her first child.  She was miserable and the doctor told her to take Benadryl for it.  The good news is that the hives stopped after she had her son and the two pregnancies she had after that, she didn't have any hives.  I would mention it to your OB and they can probably recommend something for your discomfort.  Feel better soon! 

shoot4thestars
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Maybe you're having an allergic reaction to the vitamins or something.  I would call your Dr and see what he says. 

Iluvmymiracle
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:47 PM

The vitramins im taking is flinestones vitamins and its only happened 2 times today and it was from when i came back inside from being outside for like 20 mins at a time if that and no i know its not a bug bite 

mylitlBEE07
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I started getting hives right before I found out I was pregnant, and continued to have them througout the pregnancy, we lost that him and the hives stopped. However they are back again (although not as bad), and it has been 2 months since we lost our little one and no sign of AF yet. I am not sure if it is a sign of miscarriagee or not, but I really hope not.. good luck

mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I have not had any experience with this or heard any correlation. But yes it could be stress. When i get really nervous or stressed my neck and chest get red and sometimes hives. Good luck and thinking of you. Maybe bring it up to your Dr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN