Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC question

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

DH is leaving on his trip to San Francisco tomorrow and it only CD13 for me.  Took a OPK this AM hoping I could get a positive, but nope.  I usually get my positives on CD14/15.  Do you think I am in my fertile window and there could be a chance of us conceiving this cycle even though I don't have a positive OPK today?  I suspect I will get one tomorrow, due to the increase in CM.  I would hate to waste this opportunity, but I don't want the timing to be off either.  Ugh! 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RLeigh35
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Oh yes...go for it!  I usually BD before getting a positive OPK (as well as after), because a positive means you'll ovulate within the next 12-48 hours, usually within 24 hours.  So BDing just before positive OPK could totally lead to pregnancy.  Remember, with fertile CM, sperm can live for several days, if not longer.  So if you BD now, they'll be waiting for your egg!  Good luck!!!

mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Yes definately. Sperm last for a few days. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I think you definitely have a chance - sperm can survive for up to 5 days, so I think you're in the window! You could use a sperm friendly lubricant too to really up your chances for keeping those guys alive till you ovulate!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)