Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

I know that this is just the beginning for my SO and I but how can I get him to open up to me? When our niece died from SIDS  (she was 11 wks old) he kept his emotions in until her funeral when he broke down crying. Since I told him yesterday I have yet to see any emotion. I dont want him to keep this bottled up in side. I dont want to mourn the loss of our baby alone. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Maybe you guys can have a little personal memorial for your baby and talk about it. Light a candle or make a little memorial garden or balloon release or something special that you guys plan out. I know me grieve so differently and it can be hard when we are struggling so much to see them appear to be just fine. THinking of you

cindy82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM
I think this is the way to go. Maybe he just needs the visual to actually believe that it's really happened and a baby was lost. I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((hugs)))

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Maybe you guys can have a little personal memorial for your baby and talk about it. Light a candle or make a little memorial garden or balloon release or something special that you guys plan out. I know me grieve so differently and it can be hard when we are struggling so much to see them appear to be just fine. THinking of you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM

That's a hard one as everyone grieves in their own way.  My husband and I grieved together both times but I think he also had his moments when he was alone where he probably showed more emotion.  It's just the way men are, they always needs to be the strong ones.  Just keep telling him you are there if he wants to talk.  Make sure he knows he can come to you.  He may or may not take advantage of it.  Thinking of you.......

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I agree. 

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)