Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really Scared (Pregnancy Mentioned)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

Its been a little over six months since my miscarriage and I just took a pregnancy test and got a positive. We weren't trying but not preventing it either (hubby had a vasectomy over a year ago) I am so scared and nervous what happens if it happens again I just don't know if I can deal with it.  I keep going from excited to scared.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Congrats! You just have to take it one day at a time. I got pregnant immediately after my miscarriage and am now 8 wks. It's scary and exciting all at once, but you really do have to just treat each new morning as a milestone. Also, talk to your doctor's office and see if they'll give you an earlier ultrasound or check your hcg levels or something to give you some confirmation that everything is okay for the time being. It's not a guarantee, obviously, but it's nice to have those markers of, "Okay, we're 7 wks, heartbeat looks good." Good luck!!

mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Good luck and congrats!! I know it is scary. Good luck and just take it day by day, and cekebrate each milestone as you pass it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Congrats!! Its very exciting and very scary but as time goes on you will find that it gets easier to cope with.  The rollar coaster of emotions is completely normal :)  Just enjoy every day because it moves so quickly and find the things that work to help you relax :)  I wish you a very healthy and happy nine months and I hope everything goes perfectly! We are here for the support when you need it! :-) 

Bonita.mami
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Like another momma said ''Take it one day at the time,''

Good luck to you momma, and Congrats =)

marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Congrats!  One day at a time is the only advice I have for you!  You know what needs to be done as far as prenatal care, following docs orders, etc. but remember that for the most part it's in God's hands now.  I stressed myself out worrying about what I could do to get the outcome I wanted and finally had to realize it wasn't within my grasp, I had to let go.  Stay positive.......new pregnancy, new outcome!!

ryandysprncss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Thanks ladies. I know there is nothing except pray. We plan on not telling family and friends till Thanksgiving because by that time we will be in the second trimester.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Congrats hun!! I know how scary it is to be pregnant for the first time after a loss but you just have to take things day by day and stay positive.  I'm sending tons of sticky dust your way and I hope you have a happy healthy 9 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)