• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too scared to be excited!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

Last month, I had a m/c at 5 weeks.  DH and I were devastated, that's when I joined this group.  I became so depressed but didn't want it to control me so I started to live and eat healthier, doing yoga, breathing exersises, walking a lot with my son, etc etc.  Anyways, the point I'm getting at is that  JUST took a pregnancy test and it is positive. My heart jumped I was so excited and can't wait to tell my hubby but I remember last month having the same feeling, decorating the house and buying cake to surprise DH and literally 3 days later I miscarried.  On top of that I've been having some cramping, which I know is normal, but at this point I'm just so scared of losing another baby, and I know my hubby will feel the same way.  At what point can I started getting excited? Does the fear go away??? I just pray this baby stays with us.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I honestly don't think the fear does go away, but it certainly diminishes with every passing day! I got pregnant right after a miscarriage as well and am now 8 wks. It's very scary, but exciting too. I think the first ultrasound was what really helped us, now we're just waiting for our next one next week which will be past the point where our last little one died. If we can make it to then I think I'll feel much better. Best of luck to you!

MommaBoop922
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Well first take a deep breath and Congratulations!! Thats very exciting and I know how scary it can be.  Cramping is definitely normal and I had it up to like 10 weeks with my daughter and then it was replaced with round ligament pain.  I think you will know when its okay for you to get really excited!! The fear will always be there but it does get easier to deal with as the pregnancy moves forward.  I remember holding my breath at every appointment and then when it would pass I was okay for a little bit until the next one came.  Its all apart of the process but it did get easier to deal with.  Every week is a blessing and you just have to find the little things that help you enjoy it and make you happy.  For me it was talking to my belly and singing and just taking a moment everyday to think about my LO.  I also invested in a doppler form Amazon.com which was the best decision I ever made.  

We are also here to support you when you need it.  Telling your dh may bring anxiety but it will be good to share the fears and excitement with someone so you arent alone.  Make sure you tell everyone else when you are ready.  There is no need to rush that and it makes all the difference in feeling good about your pregnancy.  I wish you a very healthy and happy nine months and I was there only a year ago so if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me :)  

mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Congrats! I kbow it is so scary! I personally don't think the fear gors away, but as you get further along and pass your own personal milestones the fear will lesson and you will get more confident. Good luck and I hope everything goes perfect for you! Also don't be afraid to talk to your dr about your fears and maybe they can see you more often so that you don't have to sit and wonder how things are going
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I'm in the same possition as you are, I had a m/c in July at 5 weeks and then got pregnant In August. I'm 8 weeks along right now, I spent the first week super paranoid. The paranoia has mostly worn off although it pops every so often but it has gotten better! I have my first real appt. on the 20th and I get the feeling the closer that day gets to more worried I'll get again.........you're not alone! :O) Sticky babies to both of us!

2forKaty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Oh, and my Dr. tested my progesterone levels and HCG levels to make me feel more comfortable (I also had a m/c at 14 weeks in April) so maybe you could request that?

Bonita.mami
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Congrats!

Try to stay positive, and stress free. I think that when you get further along you will feel better momma.

marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Congrats!! Just take it one day at a time and try to be as positive as you can!!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Congrats hun!! I know it's scary being pregnant after a loss but just stay positive and take things one day at a time.  I hope you have a happy healthy 9 months :)

Kaitlynsmom913
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I got pregnant 6 months after my m/c and I was really terrified for a good 3 months.  Each week was a milestone and I celebrated it.  I was afraid to be too emotionally invested, but at the same time, I was in love when I saw the positive pregnancy test.   By the time I was 6 months, I was feeling really confident that the baby would be fine, which he was.  Hang in there.  I think a lot of us here know what your feeling, or can at least relate :)  and CONGRATULATIONS by the way!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)