• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 wks today :/

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

I lost my baby at 8 wks....now am 8wks pregnant again and am scared. am thinking to ask my doctor if i can get my blood drawn to see if my HGC levels are going up..but am so scared to see if there not :'(

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy. I know it is such a scary thing to go through after a loss and just loosing all that bliss that everything will be ok. Definately talk to your Dr about your fears and maybe they can see you more often to give you that extra reassurances. Each week that passes and milestones that you pass will make it easier to feel more confident with the pregnancy. Good luck and thinking of you. Praying and hoping that everything will go perfect this time and that this little baby is here to stay.

RLeigh35
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I know how hard it is.  I am newly pregnant, too, after a loss at 10 wks...and I am SO scared.  My doctor has been checking my progesterone and hcg levels, which has been very helpful and reassuring.  And although it could lead to devestating news, I feel that I would want to know this as soon as possible, as opposed to what happened to me earlier in the year (missed miscarriage, baby passed earlier but we did not know).  So, if you feel like it will help ease some of your anxiety, I would definitely ask for bloodwork.  At the same time, you should feel great that you have made it to 8 weeks!  With each passing day, the chances of there being a problem decrease.  And in all likelihood, everything will be just fine!  I wish you the best. But know that we are here for you for support!  HUGS!

echupko
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM
This

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Congrats on your pregnancy. I know it is such a scary thing to go through after a loss and just loosing all that bliss that everything will be ok. Definately talk to your Dr about your fears and maybe they can see you more often to give you that extra reassurances. Each week that passes and milestones that you pass will make it easier to feel more confident with the pregnancy. Good luck and thinking of you. Praying and hoping that everything will go perfect this time and that this little baby is here to stay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i0uonegalaxy7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Best of luck to you honey!! Yes, talk to your dr about your fears, hopefully he can reassure you!! <3

MommaBoop922
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Congrats on being pregnant!! It can be such a scary and exciting time!! I found keeping open communication with your doctor and nurses helps so much!! I felt the same way when I was pregnant with my daughter and they are usually very accomidating... Maybe they can draw your blood or even give you an u/s to see... Try to take it one day at a time and enjoy as much of it as you can... there will be good and bad days but as time goes on you will breathe easier and easier :)  There will always be some anxiety but I promise it gets better!! Wishing you a healty and happy pregnancy!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)