Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I almost slapped her!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM
  • 18 Replies

I was sitting in class today working on a big project that is due soon. Well there was this girl behind who is pregnant. well she started talking to a girl next to her and said she doesnt believe that women actually have miscarriages and that its just another way to kill our kid without having a abortion and being viewed as a baby killer...i couldn't help myself i turnedaround and said excuse me?! she was like well no ones body can just get rid of a baby i never had a miscarriage no one in my family or no one i know has every had a miscarriage,,i was like listen here bi#@& i had a miscarriage and I WANTED TO HAVE MY BABY. i loved my baby from the second i found out. there are millions of women out there that wanted to have a baby but sadly ended up in miscarriage. dont you ever call us baby killers because we aren't. you should be ashamed in yourself and you need to get educated!!!

well so yeah today was not a good day!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Oh my gosh! That is horrible! Some people, that doesn't even make sense! Sorry you had to deal with her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM

oh my! People can be so insensitive and just plain dumb... You handled yourself very well and lucky for her to never have experienced the pain of losing a child... I hope she will think twice next time! (HUGS)

aussiechic
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Wow.  Glad I wasn't there!  It would have gotten ugly. The nerve!

Irene1923
by Tina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Wow....sometimes people amaze me in the worst possible way.  I am sorry you had to listen to her, but glad you spoke out.  I wonder about people and where they get their ideas from because that makes no sense.   Hope your day gets better.  *Hugs*

ashtie
by Ashten on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Thank you for standing up for us!
marsh48433
by Lisa, Michigan mom on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

So sorry you have to deal with ignorant people!  It amazes me how simple minded some people can be......just because they haven't experienced or know of someone that has experienced it doesn't mean it's not real!  Geesh!  I am not one to hold my tongue, especially if I am in an overly emotional mood, which I am this week, so it's good I didn't run into her!

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM
I would've punched her in the f'n mouth! The ignorance of some people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Wow!!!!! What an idiot!! Not nice I know I don't care!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blaQness689
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Its good you told her off!! I probally would have really slapped her. From now on she has it permanently etched in her mind that miscarriage does not equal baby killer. Sorry you had to experience it personally... Just think of it as one more educated person. =)

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Next time tell her that 1 in 4 pregnancies end in a miscarriage and it's beyond our control.  That should shut her up!  HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)