Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you cope?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I lost my little angel, Taylor Avery, August 10th, 2010 at 8 weeks. Tomorrow is our 15 month angelversary. I just found out today that one of my best friends is pregnant. she is 15.  Daddy is 18. She announced it on facebook. So of course there was the ultrasounds and she even recorded the heartbeat and posted it with the annoucement. I love her to death but I just can't be happy for her. She is the type that loves God, attends church almost everyday and yet he blesses her with a baby and I have been trying for 21 cycles to be blessed with a baby that sticks. I have had in the last 15 months 58 friends of mine on facebook get pregnant. NONE of them lost their babies.There is even one girl who is on her 2nd child in these 15 months. I couldn't help but delete them from my facebook because I couldn't handle seeing their babies and hearing their heart beats. Sure once I can have a child I will see if we can rekindle our friendship.

So my question is have you ever deleted friends off facebook because they were pregnant and couldn't handle it? Please help me. I feel awful but I also need to protect myself somehow. Sorry if I sound rude any I don't mean to.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momma1013
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM
I have not had that happen, but I believe you have to do what you need to do for yourself to heal. You can always pick them back up when you are ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tray321
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Ive never deleted a friend from FB because of that but I do get jealous and sad when someone announces their pregnancy. Its really hard because you want to have that joy as well. I am sorry for your loss. Its really hard and I do understand.

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM
I have not deleted anyone but I understand the feelings and the need to protect yourself. I am sorry for your losses and how hard they have been on you. Wishing you peace and comfort.
mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Sorry :( it really is a difficult thing. I don't think I ended up fully deleting them, but I did block/hide their walls for awhile because I just couldn't handle the unexpected post on my news feed. But then could still keep in touch when needed. Hoping things get easier for you and you get your rainbow baby soon. Thinking of you.

Mom2be360
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM
I feel ya pain just about everyone I know and thats n my family has kids all my kids died four of mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla2013
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:13 PM
its just super hard. i sent a few of them a message explaining why i did it and a few understood and wished me luck but there was one that got nasty about it. she was a classmate of mine and started a bunch of nasty rumors. but i tried to move on. im working slowly to move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)