Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone find them self being jealous after...?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 17 Replies

I had a miscarriage a couple months ago and I am finding myself to be a lttle jealous when I hear that someone is expecting a new child.  Did anyone else experience this?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytobobby
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM
I'm very jealous. I should be 25, almost 26 weeks pregnant right now :( I had my baby girl at 22 weeks. and it sucks to hear people finding out the sex of their baby, bc when I went in for mine at 21w5d, that's when we found out she had no heartbeat

I think I'll be jealous for awhile. hugs to you. it might be awhile before you get over those feelings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Oh yes! Absolutely miserable. I used to look up our church bulletin online before Sunday so that I'd see the list of new moms-to-be to be praying for before we went to church because I was afraid of breaking down!

Mommy_to_b3
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:12 AM
absolutley yes. I hate it. Even seeing someone pregnant is kinda like a low blow. Itll take a while. Healing time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I get very jealous still! Like i see all those new borns and i always say "oh i could have my baby in my arms right now" or when they get a little stomach. i was just invited to a baby shower for this saturday i dont know if i can get myself to go.maybe ill get her a gift and call it a day!

oooomelissaoooo
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:48 AM

yes! infact bc i work at the airport i constantly see preg women and i totally get upset/jealous. this is on a daily basis too :(

natalie_82
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:33 AM

I am jealous in an odd kinda way.. I would give anything to hold my baby right now yet I am happy for my friends that I was pregnant with and I'm happy that they had healthy alive babies.... what they don't know is that I would be willing to pay them to just let me hold there baby... I lost my son a month ago at 34 weeks and my arms feel so empty

Johnsmom2011
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:56 AM

I'm sad to say that I feel the same way. After the first miscarriage I wasn't so bad, but after the second, it got to the point that I know longer wanted to keep in touch with many of my friends that just keep having more babies with no issues. I never thought I would feel this way, and I really am happy for them, just wish it would happen for me too.

newmom2be08
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Oh, yeah!  My SIL was 5 months pregnant when we had our first loss.  Talk about the green-eyed monster.  I am at peace with everything now though, but it took me awhile to get there.  HUGS and I'm sorry for your loss. :( 

tarakay0417
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I do. Right after I MC I found myself extremely jealous and upset when I saw a pregnant woman. My sister was pregnant (she just had her little girl) and I thought I would be fine when she came for a visit with her family. I MC a week before she got here and when I saw her, the jealously just got worse. I was happy for her, but it still hurt. When she had her little girl 2 weeks ago I was thirlled but I was crying and screaming on the inside. I still find myself jealous and upset when I see or hear of someone else getting pregnant, although I am happy for them. It is completely normal to feel this way, but I do hope I don't feel this way for too long.

Irene1923
by Tina on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM

You are not alone.  I can't help but feel those little pangs of jealousy seeing pregnant women or hearing someone got their BFP (even though I am happy for them).  And my SIL is about 9 weeks pregnant with her second and though I am absolutely thrilled for her, I am jealous as well because she'll have two and I don't even have one child yet.  It is hard seeing others with something you want and for a brief moment had.  *Hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)