Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haven't posted in a while, but.....(pregnancy mentioned)

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

My miscarriage was in August of last year. Then in September my father unexpectedly passed away. It was one huge blow after the other and it felt like there would be no bouncing back. It is still very hard, but you do have to go on with your life. 

As of Friday Jan 13th I am 5 weeks pregnant. I find it so hard to be excited. Not because I don't want a baby because believe me there is nothing more in the world greater than that, but because I am so scared that something will go wrong with this pregnancy. I feel as though if that would happen I may not be able to recover fully emotionally. I don't see my doctor until the end of January and the waiting is making me a nervous wreck! I just pray that everything goes well and in September I will have my baby boy / girl in my arms.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM
I hope everything goes well for you!! That first trimester, especially the first few weeks, are just so scary. I'm at 25 weeks now and just starting to relax and anticipate a baby actually being born to us! Keep us updated! Also, can you edit your title to add (preg mentioned) to warn the other ladies? Thanks. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimscorner
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Just keep good, positive thoughts about it all.  I miscarried in Sept 2010 and it took me exactly a year to get pregnant again.  But, here I am, 29 weeks along now, and everything is going just fine.

I lost my mother this past October.  I was only 4 months into this pregnancy, so I know how it can feel with wanting to be excited, worried about another miscarriage, and dealing with a loss in the family too.  This is the last grandbaby out of all my siblings to be born, and the only one that will never know either grandparent (dad passed away in 2005).

Good luck on that little one!  :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

alanasmumma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Praying everything goes well for you this time.

AllisonDes
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Oops, I'm so sorry about not mentioning pregnancy in the title but I fixed it. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I know whatever happens is meant to be so I'm just trying to stay positive and keep praying that everything will work out.

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM
No worries, we're just trying to make it as comfortable as possible for as many ladies as possible in here. :) fingers crossed for you!!

Quoting AllisonDes:

Oops, I'm so sorry about not mentioning pregnancy in the title but I fixed it. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I know whatever happens is meant to be so I'm just trying to stay positive and keep praying that everything will work out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Congrats. I completely understand, being pregnant after a loss is a stressful emotional thing. Praying everything goes perfect. Hoping the next couple weeks goes fast for your appt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Im so sorry to hear about your losses but congrats on the new pregnacy. Sending you lots of sticky dustbaby dust

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Congrats! I wish you a healthy and happy 9 months

newmom2be08
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I am so very sorry for the loss of your child and also your father.  Sounds like you have been through a lot. 

Congrats on the new pregnancy and remember to try to just take one day at a time.  It's normal to be scared about another pregnancy when we've already had a loss.  We are here for support!  HUGS!

Timothys_Grl
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy, I wish you luck with this baby, & im sorry to hear about your miscarriage, & the loss of your father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)