• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do YOU cope on days like these?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hey, I'm Anna. Miscarried my twin girls at 12wks on new years day. And honestly since I've been opening up on here with you ladies I've been doing great. I got my tattoo yesterday for my girls(Alexandra&Charlize). It helped me find my closure. But today.. Today has NOT been my day. Kinda been in an I don't know.. off mood? Not necessarily sad or depressed, just disheartened. I just want to be alone, and I don't want anyone to talk to me. I just keep getting irritated. I haven't a clue what in the world my problem is. I just feel so unimportant. And to make matters worse my hip/belly where my fresh new tattoo is placed, is now completely sore today. I'd like to know, have any other ladies had days like these? How do you deal with your stress of the day to help those feelings pass? Any advice?
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs_Hahn09
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:14 AM
I miscarried my baby in my 8th week mid-Dec. And lately, esp yesterday and today, ive been in this funk. Ive actually cried for a good 15min. My best outlet is writing or expressing my feelings. I have a blog (havent been able to blog lately but i sure could do some blogging this weekend). Writing is my personal therapy and i tend to feel better after i get my feelings out. You could try blogging or maybe keep a journal? Im sry for your losses and that i wish we both were not in this group. Judging from how far you miscarried, i take it you were due prob close to me (my edd was jul 19)

*hugs* i wish there was a way we could get our lil ones back to be happy. Feel free to add me and we can vent to each other :-)
mlawson803
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM
You take it one day at a time. I had three losses last year. The last one in November and I still have my moments when its hard. For me, I have learned to avoid triggers (baby aisle, etc) but, I keep telling myself that God has a plan. I may not like his timing, but, in the end, my faith is in him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahtessa
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM
This is what got me through. It was a struggle, and I had very bad days. And on those days, I remembered that God loves me and He loves my baby. She's waiting for me in heaven, and someday I will have eternity with her. God knows his plan for me, and I just have to have faith. Telling myself that got me through the roughest patches, it didn't hurt less, but it gave me positive hope for the future. God is good all the time.

Quoting mlawson803:

You take it one day at a time. I had three losses last year. The last one in November and I still have my moments when its hard. For me, I have learned to avoid triggers (baby aisle, etc) but, I keep telling myself that God has a plan. I may not like his timing, but, in the end, my faith is in him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hopefultobe87
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Honestly, its still and always will be a never ending struggle, for me anyways, but my mom and God have helped ALOT! I still have those days though, that I think of my little girl and just want to hide out in my room and cry :(
I'll be praying for you hun :)
LilSarahgirl
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:11 AM
You will have good days and bad days and hopefully you'll have more good than bad. It helped me to take a long walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IepurasRoz
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:42 AM

sometimes it helps when i get my daughter in bed with me and snuggle her up and other times i just cried myself to sleep. talking to dh helped a bit to i guess...right now im 4 months pregnant and im trying to not think negative for the sake of this baby. im trying to be positive and think of only this baby or atleast i try to stay away from panicking like crazy again

i am soo sorry for your loss truly...miscarriagesare not just that...it effects us mothers more then anyone could understand. I find a group like this a lot more helpful then talking to my own friends because they havent been through this so they cant possibly understand

newmom2be08
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I pray.  I also try to distract myself with an activity...playing with my son, working out on the treadmill, taking a long hot bath, etc.  Remember that better days are ahead!  HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)