Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for those who got pregnant very soon after a miscarriage...?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

hi all. So i had a misscarriage at the start of September and then in October i found out im pregnant again...fast forward till now and im currently 4 months along. ok question is how do you live with the fear of something going wrong again? I used to be soo scared that i couldn't help having panic attacks. the last time I went to see my doctor in panic that something is wrong (it was all in my mind but having no symptoms of pregnancy dosnt help me either) was at 14 weeks. the doctor let me listen to my babies heart beat and that relaxed me so since then i been in control of my emotions and been feeling a lot better but the fear is still there of course and the grief...anyhow, just so you all know i didnt plan to get pregnant that soon. I actually wanted to have at least half a year off before TTC again but this happened and I guees its a blessing, its meant to be. ok so how did you all manage this bad fear of losing your baby again when you got pregnant after a miscarriage? thank you

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
XMaybebabyX
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

It's very hard, trust me! The only thing that helped me was once I could feel the baby moving around. I started feeling her movements around 18 weeks, and by 22 weeks I could get her to move if I drank something sugary. Eventually as she got bigger I would just nudge her until she moved. As long as I could feel her moving, I didn't worry anymore. GL mama!!!

Amber5151
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it doesnt matter how fast you get pregnant again, that terror is there. I got pregnant with my oldest on the third cycle after my first miscarriage and I spent his entire pregnancy holding my breath at every appt until i heard/ saw his heartbeat. Then after I had him a few years later i had another mc and then got pregnant 6 months after that mc and that same fear was crippling. I ordered a doppler online which was invaluable to me until i started feeling him move a lot. Congrats on your new pregnancy and once you start feeling movement a lot more it gets a little easier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purplepride80
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I don't know if it ever goes away.   I'm currently 18 wks 5 days and I've had my fair share of worry as well.   I think as time progresses I've gotten a bit better, but every once in awhile that voice kicks in.   I think it is natural to worry after a loss.   My doctor keeps telling me the odds after 12 weeks drop to less than 1% so I try to remember that.   I think once you feel movement you will feel better.  

Lolroflawl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

It really is an emotion you just tend to carry with you during your pregnancies after a loss. I was so paranoid during my second pregnancy that I was rushing to the ER everytime I noticed discharge (bacterial buildup and whatnot). I have an incompetent cervix, so I lost that baby as well. Something about this pregnancy though has made me feel more at ease that everything will be fine (probably also because I had the cerclage done and have a slightly lesser chance of my cervix just letting go on me), but I've just had such a positive feeling this time go round.

I'm 17 weeks and a day along so far, so coming up on the 18 mark is making me feel nervous of course (that's the farthest I've ever gotten in a pregnancy so it makes me very nervous), but I'll be seeing my doctor that week so I figure if something is going wrong we'll be able to catch it pretty quickly.

Just remember to take everything in stride and never rush your emotions. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)