Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really need help.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

I miscarried on Christmas of 2011, which was over 6 weeks ago. My Beta hcg was 500 on december 29th. 

I stopped bleeding shortly thereafter (within a week or so) and then had a period on January 13th.

Over the past week or so i've been having crazy dreams, nausea, a wierd taste in my mouth, food aversions, frequent urination, etc.... I took a test sunday night and it said positive, however i've been spotting quite a bit and having pain in my left side.

I went for a blood hcg test yesterday and the level was 43 (per my doctors call this morning). They said that it is just leftover hormones from the miscarriage and i shouldnt be worried about it.

I honestly feel like i'm pregnant again and that the doctors are crazy for denying that this pregnancy exists.

now my husband and i are fighting because he agrees with the doctor and says the "new" pregnancy must all be in my head. I am at a complete loss and so sad and angry and just unsure of everything. Can any of you ladies help me figure out what to do in this situation?? I feel like the doctors are denying a pregnancy that could be viable and i am just at a loss.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
i0uonegalaxy7
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM
If, in a week or so, you still have positive tests and/or it gets consistantly darker, I'd say its a new pregnancy. Sometimes it takes a long long time for the hcg to leave.your system but if you had a period, it should be gone by now. But like I said, if it gets darker, call and have more blood drawn. The Dr should have followed your levels to 0 as it is!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommacarrie423
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Quoting i0uonegalaxy7:

If, in a week or so, you still have positive tests and/or it gets consistantly darker, I'd say its a new pregnancy. Sometimes it takes a long long time for the hcg to leave.your system but if you had a period, it should be gone by now. But like I said, if it gets darker, call and have more blood drawn. The Dr should have followed your levels to 0 as it is!!!!

i'm honestly worried about it because of the spotting, i am scared to wait a week. of course i guess at this point if i'm going to miscarry nothing can be done. its just so scary and hard to handle. It's like i KNOW in my heart that this is a new pregnancy but i can't do anything to make it right or make anyone believe me. :(

i0uonegalaxy7
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Well sometimes around when people are due for af and they're preg they can spot some. Maybe it'll stop. You could prob take a test tomorrow, it should be darker! Is it super light now?

Quoting mommacarrie423:

Quoting i0uonegalaxy7:

i'm honestly worried about it because of the spotting, i am scared to wait a week. of course i guess at this point if i'm going to miscarry nothing can be done. its just so scary and hard to handle. It's like i KNOW in my heart that this is a new pregnancy but i can't do anything to make it right or make anyone believe me. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommacarrie423
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM

yes, it light, i am wearing pantyliners instead of pads, but its something similar to what i did when i miscarried.

i0uonegalaxy7
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Maybe its a chemical pregnancy?? :(( I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I know its hard. (((Hugsss))))

Id just test tomorrow morning or Friday morning and see if its darker than today and go from there. I know the limbo sucks!

Quoting mommacarrie423:

yes, it light, i am wearing pantyliners instead of pads, but its something similar to what i did when i miscarried.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Landonsmom0710
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I would wait a week and test again.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
cindy82
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM
If the pain in your r side gets worse u need to see a doctor. It may be ectopic then. Watch the pain please. I almost had a tube rupture because of my stubbornness. I agree with the others to wait it out. The spotting may also be implantation. I would think its a new pregnancy too. Good luck. Sorry all u can do is wait. Do u need to take progestrone? If so I would start those. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Unfortunately I don't think there is much to be done but wait.  I would give it another week and demand another blood draw.  Either the number will go up (yippy) or hubby gets to be right (ha not that we will ever admit it).  I think it is very likely that you are preggo again (yippy).  Plus (this is just a guess going off of info I gathered) your numbers should have bottomed out by now.. and you had a period which wouldn't happen if you still had noticable hcg levels (I think).  Hope this helps and makes you feel somewhat better... however, I still think you just gotta wait it out for another week or so...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)