Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello Ladies

I am very sad to have to join this group,.

But here I am

I really feel lost and alone and from the other groups I am in I know that there will be some help here

I found out that we were expecting baby number 7 on the 6th of Jan The midwife worked it out at our first visit that I was around 8weeks plus

But at 9 weeks I started having pains and not feeling right

So on the 4th feb I went to A&E they told me to go back on the 5th to the early team where they gave me a scan
They found my baby but sadly baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks and there was no heart beat
We went home that night I started to bleed and have tummy cramps

I thought I was going mad at the thought of losing the poor wee soul down the toilet So I called the midwife and they said to go in on Monday morning
By 5pm I had had an emergency operation to remove the baby and was back on a ward by 6pm

They made me stay in until 11am the next day

I am in bits I cry at the drop of a hat I cant look at babies and feel so upset all the time,

I was saying to my hubby I really want to think I can start to think about trying again this baby was our first oops and to be honest I had only just got my head around having baby number 7 at my age but then for it to be taken away like this feels so wrong

When do you think we should try again or do you think I should like my hubby says listen to my body and that my age is against me

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
beach_babies
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You will have a whirlwind of emotions in the coming days and months. Just know we are here to support you in any way we can. As far as another baby....that's up to you and your DH. Yes age can play a part in a miscarriages but so can SO many OTHER things. The sad thing is many of us will never know what happened or why but trust that in the end and with time it will get better a different better but better. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I am sorry for your loss.  I think only you will know when you are ready to try again.  You mentioned your age could be a factor...how old are you?  I hope you will find healing and comfort in this great group!  Hugs! 

purplepride80
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I agree!   Have you talked with your doctors about when and if you can try again.  At least get their opinion before making any major decisions, but ultimately it is your decision.  

Quoting newmom2be08:

I am sorry for your loss.  I think only you will know when you are ready to try again.  You mentioned your age could be a factor...how old are you?  I hope you will find healing and comfort in this great group!  Hugs! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)