Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

after 8 miscarriages, i still cant figure it out, can you help?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
Hello, im not sure how many of you had read my journey I had posted about last week, so here is a bit of it, I am 30 years old, and I have PCOS. I have 2 beautiful children, but have been devastated by my journey to a 3rd. I have had 8 miscarriages in 16 months. Heartbreaking really. All the tests came back clear, so there is really nothing much I can do. I am trying some different things suggested by my doctor, and I am praying something works.
I can't help but think that this is a pretty bold statement being made to me by God, and I feel in my heart I am suppsed to help others going through a miscarriage, or anyone who has gone through one. I am lucky to have found this support group online, but not every women suffering from a MC is so lucky to know that this is out there, or may not have the means (a computer, or the time) to become a member online. There is no support group offered through my local hospital, or clinic, no church in town, ect. There is no support group locally at all. I think back to the misacrriages that I have had, and the miscarriage at 10 weeks, I was given a book about the grieving process after a miscarriage, that really wasn't all that helpful. I would like to give something to women suffering from the pain I have suffered, and I don't know how to go about doing it. I was thinking like a basket of spa products, a book about miscarriage (a worthwhile one), and numbers of people they could call to talk to about what they are going through. Is that something any of you would have appreciated after a miscarriage? What did your clinic give you? I also want to start a support group for MC\infertility in my area, but that one I will try to figure out on my own. Unless you know how to go about doing that, I would appreciate some insight! Thank you, and sorry this was so long! I look forward to seeing what others who know what its like to go through the devastation of a MC think about my idea, and I hope you can add to it!
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
newmom2be08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I think those are great ideas and it shows how beautiful your heart is that you are willing to help others deal with their loss!  Giving back at it's best! 

BTW, my clinic gave me a booklet about grieving a miscarriage and it was a compilation of stories of others who have suffered a loss.  I found it very helpful to know that I wasn't alone.  This group helped me also.  Such amazing ladies on this site!  Hugs! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)