Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing my first baby.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 13 Replies

I just recently lost my first baby which would had been born July 15, 2012 and I am still mourning of what could had been. I am confused. It was lost last saturday 5th 2012 evening. I find myself not wanting to get over it yet not crying uncontrollably like I know most mothers would do. This was my first pregnancy and it was very unusal that it was lost since the doctors think I might have a weak cervix which lead to losing a perfectly healthy baby. Everything seemed perfect with it. I always wanted a baby in warm season such as spring or summer. And it just felt perfect.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom2be08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  Please give yourself time to grieve as you just lost someone very precious to you.  I know I grieved for quite awhile after my loss.  We are here for support as well!  HUGS! 

purplepride80
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I am sorry for you loss.   Please take care of you and take all the time you need to grieve.   Please let this group know what they can do to help.   I couldn't have made it through without them.   I know it doesn't help now, but it gets easier.   But for now greive this baby.  Hugs!

mlawson803
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Cry until you can not cry no more and then take it day by day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

You really touched me, because I was eager for a warm weather baby too.  This group of girls is great, and I am sure they have heard it all before... so let it spill, vent, cry, grieve- this is the right place.  Welcome, and I am sorry for your loss.

Tifne
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss.  I understand how everything can feel perfect and then, devestation.  I was going to be due in August.  I have a DS that was born in Aug 2010 so I thought it worked great that we were totally set for clothes and other baby things and also I still have all my maternity clothes.  I also have a bunch of friends due with babies this summer so we were going to all be going through it together.  I know there must be some other plan for us, but it's so hard to think of how perfect it was all fitting together. 

There is no set amount of time it takes to "get over" a miscarriage (I don't think you really ever get over it, but it just hurts less after a while) so you grieve as long as you feel you need to.  It helps immensely to talk about it, whether that be to friends/family IRL or to the awesome ladies here so don't bottle it up.  Also, if you do have cervix issues, there are things the doc can do to help prevent this from happening again.

Mayruchia
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM

So sorry for your loss and I understand I lost twins in april of last year. They were gong to be my first too. Hope you find comfort and for me this website has really help.hugs

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM

((hugs)) I'm so sorry for your loss hun. And I agree with the other ladies take all the time you need to greive because a loss is very heart breaking and just know we're all here for you.

shelly69
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I am so sorry... I was due July 24  too & was so looking forward to a summer baby. I will pray for you...

echupko
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM
I'm so sorry :( hugs and prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IepurasRoz
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM

omg :O I miscarried just before i got pregnant with this baby and im also due in July SAME date. I didnt think things could go wrong this far ahead :'( im scared again :(((

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)