Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello,

I am 6 weeks along and started with heavy bleeding a week after my period was due.  I am hoping it was just my regular period.  All of my periods are heavy to begin with.  I had some very light cramps too but they are very sporadic.  No sharp pains or terrible cramping. 

My HcG levels started out at 330 and just dropped to 150 last Thursday.  I am hoping for the best.  I go back in on Monday for another HcG check. 

Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience?  I need all the support I can get.  My family lives back east so it's been a very long week. 

Thanks for listening!  Would love to hear from you!

Diana

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
StefG28
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I never been in your posission, but I'm thinking of you! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I would never want to scare another mom, but my situation was similar.  I started bleeding light  and brown, then it got heavier and red a day or so later (like my normal period does- brown to red), and it started the day I would have started my period.  However my levels were great and high up until the day I lost my angel.  But we have all seen the "I didn't know I was pregnant" show where women had periods the whole 9 months.  Here's wishing you good luck and keep us posted.

LilSarahgirl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear all of this. I have a similar story as well. A week after I found out I was pregnant, I had bleeding and cramping. I had my hormone levels checked. I can't remember the exact numbers but they went down. In a healthy pregnancy the numbers should double every few days. I'm sorry because I know that this hurts to hear. I hope everything turns out ok. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't but good luck hun

Brandi0309
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Im sorry. Something like that happened with me also. I knew I was pregnant before ever seeing a doc. The day of my first appointment, I finally told my family, that next day I started spotting, light brown at first then it went back and forth from brown to a light red/pinkish color. That next morning about 2:30AM I woke up... wet You can guess from what.. Went to the hospital I had miscarried at 6 weeks gest.... forgive me if this scares you, not my intention at all. But my levels dropped pretty quick also. Im wishing you the best.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
newmom2be08
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting LilSarahgirl:

I'm so sorry to hear all of this. I have a similar story as well. A week after I found out I was pregnant, I had bleeding and cramping. I had my hormone levels checked. I can't remember the exact numbers but they went down. In a healthy pregnancy the numbers should double every few days. I'm sorry because I know that this hurts to hear. I hope everything turns out ok. Hugs.

The same thing happened to me.  At 5 weeks, I started spotting and cramping and a few days later, I miscarried.  My HCG went down as well.  :(  Hoping and praying for the best for you, hopefulmom!  HUGS! 

mommyofnoah208
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Thinking of you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopefulmom45
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Hello everyone,

It's been a long weekend.  But I have no patience and decided to take 2 home pregnancy tests. One Saturday evening and one Sunday morning. 

angryUnfortunately, they both came back negative.  I am fairly sure we lost the baby.  I have so many emotions going on right now.  I don't know where to start.  I am in denial.  I was supposed to go in to have a blood draw this morning for HcG.  What's the point?  I don't think it would make any sense. 

Any one have thoughts on this?  Thanks for listening!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)