Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I held a baby!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

I know normally this doesn't warrent a post, but well today it does.  We went to a kiddy birthday party and of course there were babies there.  I sat there the whole time staring at this little 9 month old chubby girl with her tutu and hair bows.  I kept tearing up especially when my boyfriend kept looking at her and making her smile.  Then the baby's dad was trying to hold her and eat so I asked to hold her!  I'm not one of those people who ask to hold other peoples kids- its kinda weird to me, but I just couldn't help my self.  It made me miss my baby so much... but it was sweet and comforting too.  Sorry girls, no one else would understand if I went on and on about such a normal thing

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tennisgal
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I understand. My sister had a baby shower today and all of her friends were pregnant too. My other sister's little boys was there and I wanted to hold him and snuggle him (which I did) but it made my heart hurt at the same time. I know what you mean. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I'm so glad you were able to experience that.  Hopefully it took you to a new level on your healing.

I got "forced" into holding my cousin's baby before I was ready.  I still don't know how I ended up with her in my arms, but we were supposed to have the same due date, so it was very hard.  But, somehow I felt like it helped me, too.

mandiNthomas
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Awww..its. ok u don't have to apologize its comforting I know and its ok...big hug....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I think a "way to go" is warranted here! Holding babies (and just being around them in general!) is so hard after a miscarriage, as we all know all too well. Nicely done! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I have been sleeping with my DD since I had my D and E two weeks ago, its helping me by holding onto her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Thats great!! Big accomplishment! And never feel bad about posting, thats what we are here for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM

I agree with the other ladies that is a big accomplishment and you shouldn't feel bad about sharing it with us because that is what this group is for :)

mandapanda23
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Thats wondeful it is a big accomplishment it took me almost 2 years before i would hold a baby after my miscarriage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I completely understand! I held my neice who was born a week before Ryder at his funeral and it was SOOO hard!! because I kept thinking about how I should be holding Ryder, not my sisters baby girl. I could only manage a couple minutes then I had to go cry.

It is easier now and there is a sweet little guy I hold at playdates and stuff every time I see him his face lights up and he starts laughing, even if he was crying before he saw me. He is 5 months old and just so sweet. Makes me miss Ryder but just to hold a baby is comforting to me.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
newmom2be08
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I'm glad you got comfort from holding the little girl and praying your turn comes very, very soon!  HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)