Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

For women with multiple m/c

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

When do you call the doc when you first find out you are pregnant?? Do you call right away or do you wait a little while. All of my m/c have been right before 12 weeks or right at 12 weeks, so obviously there is nothing to be done, so that's why I ask if you wait awhile or call right away.

I have a good feeling this time. With my three healthy children I had to be THREE weeks late before even getting a slight positive. I have no pregnancy symptoms. But with my last three miscarriages I was sick and dizzy and got a bright red, BFP as soon as  I was late. I know this sounds crazy, but I have to rationalize it somehow. 

by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alanasmumma
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I called as soon as I got a BFP and told them I had a history of mc. With my most recent loss in Nov, I found out and had called to schedule an appt just to get pregnancy confirmation for medicaid and the after I called is when I started cramping and spotting. I knew in my heart that I was mc'ing even though I didn't want to believe it. Are you preg now or just TTC?

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM

If you have a history of MC I would call right away... just so they can document that you are pregnant again.  They need to know how many MCs you have had so they can understand you better... emotionally and physically.

tennisgal
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I am pg now at 7 weeks 4 days. We don't use bc and I *thought* we were refraining while I was o-ing, but apparently I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, we want a house full of kids (we always wanted 8) but the thought of being pregnant again makes me anxious. If I could just get past 13 weeks I would be thrilled. 

Quoting alanasmumma:

I called as soon as I got a BFP and told them I had a history of mc. With my most recent loss in Nov, I found out and had called to schedule an appt just to get pregnancy confirmation for medicaid and the after I called is when I started cramping and spotting. I knew in my heart that I was mc'ing even though I didn't want to believe it. Are you preg now or just TTC?

alanasmumma
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I would call the Dr, at least they can document your pregnancy so they can try to help you in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashtie
by Ashten on Apr. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I callec for a comfirmation exam righr away, they have alway obliged
ajbria2010
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM
I call right away and let them know so they can get me in and so I can see my little baby as much as I can just in case something does happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluevelvetKS
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I usually call around 4 or 5 months. I've had six miscarriages and 5 live births. My youngest is just one and I had a traumatic delivery, with 3 miscarriages in the year before him. I am so not ready to be pregnant, but like you, we want a lot of kids. I figure I've got about 15 years left of fertility, so that gives me plenty of time :) We don't use bc as well. Whenever I would find out I was pg I would be a frantic mess...my poor family. Praying you make it to 40 weeks this time!

Quoting tennisgal:

I am pg now at 7 weeks 4 days. We don't use bc and I *thought* we were refraining while I was o-ing, but apparently I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, we want a house full of kids (we always wanted 8) but the thought of being pregnant again makes me anxious. If I could just get past 13 weeks I would be thrilled. 

Quoting alanasmumma:

twinsmummy20
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I think it is crazy that you just typed exactly what happens with me that I was sure everyone else would think I was crazy about. My 3 full term pregnacies, including twins, I wasnt sick and didnt test positive until I was way late.... With my miscarraiges, I test positive at 11 dpo and am puking and sick and having all sorts of problems. It would seem in those my hcg is higher, but they result in a m/c. My son I didnt test positive till I was 8 days late and have never thrown up in my full term pregnancies, including twins!

Jansan24
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I called right away because my reproductive endocrinologist told me to. After two miscarriages in a row, I went to see the endocrinologist. Best thing I ever did.
tennisgal
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I really wonder if it's something about the surge in hormones. I know it's not scientific, merely what has been true with my six, now seven pregnancies. It's so odd, isn't it? 

Quoting twinsmummy20:

I think it is crazy that you just typed exactly what happens with me that I was sure everyone else would think I was crazy about. My 3 full term pregnacies, including twins, I wasnt sick and didnt test positive until I was way late.... With my miscarraiges, I test positive at 11 dpo and am puking and sick and having all sorts of problems. It would seem in those my hcg is higher, but they result in a m/c. My son I didnt test positive till I was 8 days late and have never thrown up in my full term pregnancies, including twins!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)