Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

"helpful" words?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 26 Replies

I feel like bonding and slightly venting with you all. So, what are some "helpful" words people have given you that only made you more upset or hurt or what-have-you?

For example: people have told me that my son is in a better place now and the only thing I could think of was "What better place is there than with me?"

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom2be08
by Sarah on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM

My grandma, bless her heart, said it is for the best.  I know she was trying to help, but it hurt.  :(

turtlebear
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I'm sorry

Quoting newmom2be08:

My grandma, bless her heart, said it is for the best.  I know she was trying to help, but it hurt.  :(

sarahtessa
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I actually take comfort in knowing my baby is in a better place --- the only place better than with Mommy? --- to be with Jesus. <3 my sweet Angelica will never know human pain and suffering, only the glory of God's love. There is no greater comfort for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alanasmumma
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Someone told me that as much as it hurt that it was better this way. Someone at work told me that it was a good thing because we wouldn't have to worry about having more than one person out on maternity leave.... yes I was stressing about having another baby and yes, it was going to be crazy at work with 2 people on maternity leave at the same time but that doesn't mean I wanted to give up my baby or that I feel that this way is better...

turtlebear
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

That is horrible, I'm sorry they said that to you.

Quoting alanasmumma:

Someone told me that as much as it hurt that it was better this way. Someone at work told me that it was a good thing because we wouldn't have to worry about having more than one person out on maternity leave.... yes I was stressing about having another baby and yes, it was going to be crazy at work with 2 people on maternity leave at the same time but that doesn't mean I wanted to give up my baby or that I feel that this way is better...

brittani
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM
I got the usual its for the best and he or she is in a better place. I also got a few pros that barked at me saying see that's why you wait until after the first trimester to say anything......really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtlebear
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I lost my baby boy during Birth when I was 19 weeks. I hadn't told anyone yet for legality reasons and when I called my mom and told her she told me she would never consider him to be her grandchild....

turtlebear
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I'm sorry

Quoting brittani:

I got the usual its for the best and he or she is in a better place. I also got a few pros that barked at me saying see that's why you wait until after the first trimester to say anything......really

alanasmumma
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM

How horrible! I'm so sorry you had to hear you mom say that to you.

Quoting turtlebear:

I lost my baby boy during Birth when I was 19 weeks. I hadn't told anyone yet for legality reasons and when I called my mom and told her she told me she would never consider him to be her grandchild....

Connie127
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:24 AM
I'm sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN