Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

The heart has stopped and was just given Misoprostol. Sad & Scared.

Posted by   + Show Post
Week 7- slow heartbeat 100
Week 8- hb increased to 127
Week 9- heart stopped.

I started bleeding last night and we went to the hospital. The babys heart has stopped. I just followed up with my OBGYN this morning and he confirmed no heartbeat. My cervix is still closed so he gave misoprostol to help expel the baby and tissue.  I go back to OB tomorrow to make sure everything is gone if not I will be scheduled for a D&C. 

I inserted four pills about thirty minutes ago and can already feel something happening inside me. I wanted this baby so bad. My husband and I were so excited, getting the nursery  ready and dreaming of our new family. My due date was 11/11 and I learned I lost my baby 4/11.  

I'm now so scared for the next few hours and scared what I will see. 

I am devastated beyond words.
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (31-32):
nicoleeoh
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had 4 m/c's, 2 of which I was given misopristol. My 2nd I was given it orally but I had already begun miscarrying, I was 12wks6days but baby was 8wks0days with no heartbeat :( the 3rd the baby was 5wks6days & stopped growing but my cervix stayed high & tightly closed so I was given 8 (!!!) Misopristol suppositories. The next 12-18hrs was miserable, kept popping hydracodone, had to double the dose to halfway numb the pain but then I constantly felt woozy & nausous & threw up a few times. I hope it went better for you, just wanted you to know someone else who went through it. You can always msg me if u want to talk. Sorry for your loss and wishing you a quick recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DChristoff
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:58 AM
We have a sad same story...I was due November 12th and had my d&c on April 12th...My baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks...
OP, I am so sorry for your loss :-(

Quoting MommaNoonoo:

I was due November 12 and had a d&c April 12. *hugs*

This is such a painful time, physically and emotionally. I hope your husband and other family is being supportive.

I think you are brave to pass the baby at home. I'm praying that your body heals quickly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)