Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoyed and TTC

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 17 Replies
Ok maybe it's wrong of me to feel this way but I just need to vent. I just was on Facebook and a girl I knew from high school announced she got pregnant while her husband was home on leave. Well fine but that was like a month ago, meaning she probably just found out. Yes I get it she's excited but I just feel like by posting it on fb she thinks she's safe from misscariage or complications.
I might be over reacting I am just starting my period and am PMSing.

Onto other things. My period started today. I never thought I would be so excited! It's my first since my MC and that means I get to start TTC soon. :) while I am really excited I am also terrified of another loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybunches26
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

she is human and feels excited like we all did before we knew this other life of living without... i felt bitter too...i wish you luck in ttc if you need ill always listen

Mrs_Hahn09
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Its normal to feel bitter for others happiness when we had that happiness of having a baby ripped away when we miscarried. My miscarriage happened in Dec and i got my first period post miscarriage mid jan. Still ttc which is bumming me out that it hasnt happened yet. Im anxious to get that bfp but scared as well of losing another baby. Hopefully we will get our sticky bfps soon :)
sarahtessa
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
When we conceived after a loss, DH told people right away on FB. I was so upset at first; I felt like he jinxed us, but the more I thought about it, I figured more people to pray for us. You should pray for your friend and her baby... I know it's hard, but she's probably just as nervous as she is excited. And congrats on AF. I know it's mixed feelings of loss and a new start. I'm praying that you get your sticky baby dust!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand the fear of telling folks... but I also look at it from the "mommy stand point"- if I get pregnant will I love that baby less because it might end in miscarriage?  Nah, that little blob of cells will be the most wonderful, perfect baby as soon as the test pops positive so I might as well tell EVERYONE that I love that baby.  Now, I'm not saying I'm right, because most of the moms on here feel scared to tell people because of previous losses... I just wanted to give you a different way to view it.  And congrats on AF!  Yay for TTC

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Im sorry, its hard to see when you are grieving.
I posted on facebook even witg my pregnancy after my loss and was terrified of loosing another baby. But I wanted the support and encouragement.
Thinking of you and good luck ttc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kdaiuto
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I totally understand your feelings. I feel a little differently though. With my first loss, everyone knew bc I was almost 20 weeks. With my second, no one knew because I had just found out I was pg and miscarried a few days later. We didn't tell anyone when we found out since we were gun-shy after the first loss. Now I wish I had told people. It is extremely lonely this time around, and it feels stupid to make a point of telling people I had a m/c when they never knew I was pregnant. I am never one to post stuff like that on FB because it's a larger circle than I care to share something too personal, but next time around, I'll be telling everyone as soon as I find out I'm pg so if God forbid we go through this again, I'm not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Thanks for all your comments ladies. I know I an overreacting and I'm probably just a little jealous too. It's just hard to see people so happy and excited when I just lost mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I think we have all felt hurt, angry, bitter, jealous or all of the above when someone has had a baby or announced a pregnancy It think its perfectly normal as long as its not getting unhealthy.

Good luck on your ttc =)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Hannah-Belle
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Believe me, I know how hard it is to watch all of the pregnancy posts and announcements on FB.... But be gentle Mama. Ive learned from other Mom's I've met in my pregnancy loss support group that have had multiple miscarriages that they still announce their pregnancys when they find out for one big reason- if you go through a loss and have already announced the pregnancy then you have a support group of people who will help you through your loss. Hiding a pregnancy doesn't make you safe from loss it just makes you alone if you do have one.

bluevelvetKS
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I don't tell people until I'm 4 or 5 months and they can pretty much figure it out for themselves. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and I couldn't handle the people "supporting" me with their "kind" words, so I decided to not tell anyone. I've had 6 miscarriages and I've learned to deal with them with just my very closest family members (not even all my siblings) knowing. My sil is due in Nov. I would never consider telling people so soon and so I get angry at her, so I understand the jealous feelings that others seem safe from the tragedy that we are cursed with.

Quoting Hannah-Belle:

Believe me, I know how hard it is to watch all of the pregnancy posts and announcements on FB.... But be gentle Mama. Ive learned from other Mom's I've met in my pregnancy loss support group that have had multiple miscarriages that they still announce their pregnancys when they find out for one big reason- if you go through a loss and have already announced the pregnancy then you have a support group of people who will help you through your loss. Hiding a pregnancy doesn't make you safe from loss it just makes you alone if you do have one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)