Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My follow-up appointment yesterday

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

So, I had my follow-up appointment that I have been dreading.  No answers.  Nothing wrong with me and nothing showed on the chromosomal tests done on the baby.  So good news...nothing wrong with me....bad news...no answers as to why I have miscarried twice now.  Pretty frustrating to not have answers.

Anyway, just wanted to update on how the appointment went.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinyfootprint
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Were any blood test done?... sorry for ur lost :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I'm sorry - that must be so frustrating. I'll be praying for success for you next time!! Hugs!!

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Yes, multiple blood tests, not sure what all she tested for, but she said she tested for everything she could think of and nothing.  All normal. 

Quoting tinyfootprint:

Were any blood test done?... sorry for ur lost :(

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Not sure there will be a next time yet.  DH isn't ready to even have that discussion and I don't think I am really ready for it yet either.  I was hoping for a little answer from my appt. to make my decision a little easier, but finding out they couldnt find anything makes my decision all that much harder.  

Time will tell and I am sure whatever we decide you all will be the first to know! :)

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

I'm sorry - that must be so frustrating. I'll be praying for success for you next time!! Hugs!!

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Totally understandable. I'm really never sure if I should ask "when" or "if" couples are going to try again or to just assume...  But yeah, taking some time to figure things out sounds like a good idea! Blessings on your decisions!!

Quoting Amy_M:

Not sure there will be a next time yet.  DH isn't ready to even have that discussion and I don't think I am really ready for it yet either.  I was hoping for a little answer from my appt. to make my decision a little easier, but finding out they couldnt find anything makes my decision all that much harder.  

Time will tell and I am sure whatever we decide you all will be the first to know! :)

newmom2be08
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Glad you got some answers.  Hoping the next pregnancy will be great!  HUGS!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM

((hugs)) sorry you didn't get any answers.

Irene1923
by Tina on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I am glad that there is nothing wrong but sorry you didn't get any answers.   After our two losses, while I was praying there would be nothing to keep me from having a successful pregnancy, it was frustrating not having a reason for what happened, something to blame, and something I could "fix".  I wanted an answer and it was disappointing when I didn't get one.   If you decide to TTC I hope everything goes wonderful.  Wishing you the best.  *Hugs* 

slw123
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

So sorry for your loss.  Did she check your progesterone levels?  I miscarried twice and it was because I had low progesterone.  Using progesterone supplements early in my next pregnancy I was able to sustain the pregnancy.

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
(((((hugs))))) so frustrating I am sorry there were no answers but glad that nothing terrible is wrong. Hang in there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)