Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to expect in follow up?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

My follow up is next Thursday. Had my D and C last Friday. This was my only miscarriage and they didn't mention anything about sending anything to the lab so what should i expect?

Will they just do a ultrasound to see if uterus is healing? Do they send stuff to the lab without telling you? Should i expect test results?

When i woke up from the proceedur the doctor was already gone so i didn't get to ask her. It took a long time for me to wake up so i get that she had other things to do.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
clintonstreet
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I didn't have a D & C but my follow up consisted of the doctor asking if I was still experiencing heavy bleeding or bad pain, then drawing my blood to test my hcg levels.  I had to keep going back until my hcg levels were 0.  I hope everything is okay with you & I am so sorry for your loss.

indy1979
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I didn't have a DC, my follow up was pretty quick. I just have had to do a couple of blood draw to see if my hormones level was falling as it should, and then I've had an appointment to my OB. She just check my cervix, ask me a few questions and told me that to just wait for my periods to return, and if they have not in a couple of weeks just call her, and that was pretty much it.

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM
At my follow up appt they just confirmed that it was fetal tissue but no answers as far as what went wrong. I don't think they do it unless you request it or if you have had multiple losses (sometimes three or more). This was a tough appointment for me. Let us know how it goes.
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM

After my first d&C they didnt do much.  Just told me the tests were normal (not sure what they ran, just normal bloodwork before a surgery I guess).  Discussed any questions I had and that was about it.

BlackCat7
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Thanks

turtlebear
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Its been a little less than 6 six weeks for me and I haven't gone to my check up yet for this reason and that I'm scared of what they will tell me. When you do go will you please update? 

BlackCat7
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 4:28 AM

sure

Quoting turtlebear:

Its been a little less than 6 six weeks for me and I haven't gone to my check up yet for this reason and that I'm scared of what they will tell me. When you do go will you please update? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)