Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How long did you wait?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 16 Replies
Hello,

I was wondering how long did you wait after your mc before ttc again?and also as soon did you get pregnant again?
I had my mc on march 10th, my periods already came back, and I feel like I already could ttc again.
I was 9 weeks pregnant when I have had my mc. Do you think it's too soon?

Thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMmama
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Whenever you feel ready. I TTCed immediately, the first time I ovulated beforehand periods came back. I got pregnant immediately and my baby was born in January, healthy and full term.good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlackCat7
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Everyone is reading my mind on here! I have the same question! And if you wait more cycles before TTC is the pregnancy more likely to be full term or does it matter?

SerpentsKiss
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I had a miscarriage in January. Got my period again in mid Feb. I'm 10 weeks pregnant now.

CafeMom Tickers
mrsrains
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM

So did you get pregnant before having your first period after MC? Me and my husband are TTC now for two weeks since the bleeding stopped

Quoting JMmama:

Whenever you feel ready. I TTCed immediately, the first time I ovulated beforehand periods came back. I got pregnant immediately and my baby was born in January, healthy and full term.good luck!

jackieb2811
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I needed time to heal emotionally. My  m/c was on dec 4th but d&c was on dec7th I didnt bleed after m/c at all for any amount of time I started first period jan 13th and then this month is the first month me and SO have started ttc again. I wasn't ready to try again so soon but now hearing how soon everyone else did I wish I had seems like everyone gets preg fast that way and most end successfully!

BeckyBun
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM
My dr told me (in the midst of all my blood work and before my hcG quant fell to zero) to ”jump back on it” if I feel like I wanted to ttc again. But my periods were going a lil crazy so I waited till it fell back to normal. I mc in december. We started ttc last month. AF came last night. I'm getting so emotionally drained!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indi1979
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We tried again right away and got pregnant right away - 3 weeks after our miscarriage. Our doctor said it was okay for us to try right away though, so that's part of the reason we felt comfortable jumping in to TTC again so soon.

busyizzybsmom
by Betsy on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

There was actually a study done recently that showed that babies conceived in the first 6 months after a miscarriage have a *higher* success rate than those conceived more than 6 months after a miscarriage (in which case the risk of msicarriage is about on par with the average risk, I think).

Quoting BlackCat7:

Everyone is reading my mind on here! I have the same question! And if you wait more cycles before TTC is the pregnancy more likely to be full term or does it matter?

JMmama
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I did. I started taking ovulation tests as soon as I got a negative HPT. My husband was deploying and we only had one shot to TTC before he left. Fortunately, we got it.

Quoting mrsrains:

So did you get pregnant before having your first period after MC? Me and my husband are TTC now for two weeks since the bleeding stopped

Quoting JMmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN