Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you have postpartem from an early miscarriage?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:04 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm new here also.  I had an early miscarriage in January.  It was devastating at the time, but some days lately I feel like I'm getting worse, depression wise.  I'm angry, grumpy, and taking it out on my poor family :(   We have tried to conceive again, but thus far nothing, which of course breaks me down in tears every month when af shows herself.  Even though I was only pregnant for a short time, I became so attached to that baby.  My instinct told me it was a girl, and I bought a lot of cute clothes and things for her.  And of course, I had signed up for every magazine and e-newsletter about being pregnant, so it seems every day my inbox or my actual mailbox has a reminder for me.  I hate what I have become.  I'm not even fun to be around.  It's so bad, that I can't even go to my in-laws house for get togethers anymore, because I don't want to see my sister in law and her baby, and everyone fawn all over him.  I'm dreadfully jealous, and I can't seem to get over it!  May have to try an antidepressant.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rhiannon1980
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:08 AM
If I where you I would go talk to the doctor about an antidepressant. I know mc is hard I have been there. It takes time to get threw. How long? Well everyone is differnt so who knows. I wish you the best of luck. Time will heal you but it takes time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:38 AM

((hugs)) I'm sorry for your loss hun.  I would talk to your doctor about what's going on and then go from there.

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I would reach out to a counselor or talk to a doctor about getting on mess. What you are feeling is an absolutely normal response to losing a child. You may just need a little help dealing with your new life. I am sorry for our loss.
LilysMommy813
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I agree with the other girls, you should talk to your doctor, I hope things get better for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Talk to your Dr. Sorry :(

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Im sorry for your loss. It definitely sounds like you are suffering from some sort of depression and I think its very important to go and talk to someone to try and work through your grief. I think we have all been there at one point or another with our losses and sometimes it helps to talk to someone or even get some medication.  I hope it gets better for you soon ((HUGS))

Happily married  to my true love Bobby, Mommy to my gift from God, Joselyn and furry baby Bulgoki :)  

newmom2be08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I had an early loss as well and it doesn't matter if you were 5 weeks along or 15 weeks along...a loss is a loss.  I had a very difficult time bouncing back and I sought the help of a counselor.  I also received my diagnosis of thyroid disease to deal with shortly after the miscarriage.  I felt like I was hit by a truck.  I can tell you that with time, it will get better...you will get better!  Hang in there and know that we are here for support.  Hugs!

AidensMommy1026
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I am so sorry for your loss mama! My I ask how far along you were? I have had two early miscarriages, and I am not fun at all to be around anymore. My boyfriend sees it, but hasn't said anything. I hate to admit it, but I know exactly what your going through and having that depressed feeling. I really do not want to go on antidepressants, so I am trying to get through it and see what is going to happen. I completely understand what you mean by buying clothes, and just knowing. My first we believed it to be a boy, and the second to be a girl. I have clothes and a baby blanket in a memory box and I have no clue what to do with them. Save them for future kids, return them? I don't know but right now I can't. I am so sorry for your loss and if you ever need to talk, please PM me. (:

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Heather21298
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Post partum depression, from what I understand, comes from a drop in hormones after pregnancy.  You are no longer pregnant, so those hormones have dropped.  I kind of feel the same way, and it actually took almost 3 weeks to really hit.  You're already dealing with the grief of your loss, and depression will make it harder I am sure.  Just as others advised, I would talk to your doctor.  My question for you, though, is are you sleeping?  It might be that you can get away with something lighter to help you sleep, which will help you cope during the day because your mind is getting the rest it needs.  Please don't feel too guilty about the jealousy, either.  Right now I hate every pregnant woman I see on TV.  It's hard not wonder why we didn't get to keep our babies!  I hope you get to feeling better soon, just remember things may take more time than you imagined they would to get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)