• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Subchorionic Hemorrhage (Preg. Mentioned)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

So as many of you know I have been having issues with first trimester bleeding.  I am 9 weeks along.  I went to my OB last week and we saw the baby was okay and heartbeat was strong but she had no explination for my bleeding.  I let a week pass and on Sunday night I was up with my daughter most of the night because she has a cold.  Well sometime in the night I, probably around 2am, after a full day of driving from visiting family and now the cold, I went to the bathroom and saw a lot of red blood.  Im not sure if it was the lighting or just being overly exhausted because when I woke up the next day it was back to being brown and lighter. It also lead me to have some horrible nightmares where I was holding a dead baby :-/  Well I went through the whole day and finally called my OB who sent me to get an ultrasound done at a different place (the u.s machine in their office is terribe).  The woman who did my u/s was wonderful! She said I had a subchorionic Hemmorage, which is where there is fluid and blood buildup where the placenta attaches.  She was able to show us the spot and said it was causing all of the bleeding.  We were also able to see our little one who had a nice strong heartbeat and was wiggling their little stubby arms and legs.  My husband was so excted to see the movement lol.  I was also measuring 9 weeks and 4 days which would put my due date at Novemeber 23rd.  Its nice to finally have an answer to the bleeding and it helped put my mind at ease for now.  Im hoping I can finally work on bonding with this baby because once I started having problems, I found myself struggling to attach because I shut myself down, expecting I was going to deal with another loss :(  Well, I really just wanted to update you ladies and thank you all for the prayers you have given for me and my LO! I am praying for a continued healty pregnancy!  :) 

Happily married  to my true love Bobby, Mommy to my gift from God, Joselyn and furry baby Bulgoki :)  

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I hope everything goes well! Those subchorionic bleeds are kinda scary - I think that's what I had with my second daughter but I was never officially diagnosed. Still praying for a healthy baby for you! :)

tinyfootprint
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Im so sorry u had to experience that.....im going to tell u my story..just to share with you...not to scare u.....I had the exact same thing at 13 weeks...and yes it was a lot of blood....more then a period...I bled for about 5 days..and it then changed to brown discharge...was put on bed rest for a week...went back to work...no bleeding...no cramping...went to have an ultrasound done at 17weeks and there was no heart beat :(900 my baby passed away...I delivered him the next morning...according to the death cert...the cause was a cord thrombosis..the dr thinks with all the bleeding a clot formed.....after my lost I read several articles stating the aspirin has been found effective to thin of the blood to prevent this...I sometimes wondered if I should have been put on an aspirin after the bleeding stopped...I don't want u to think everyone who has a sch has a miscarriage because they don't...I wish u the best of luck...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you keep having scares but so glad things are looking great with your little one! Praying things continue to go great! Good luck! Glad they have a reason for the bleeding and can watch it now,

DarksMama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM

SH's are notorious for scaring the crap outta people. But also for resolving on their own without any complications. Just remember not to overdo it, that will help it resolve and lessen the bleeding. Stay hydrated too. GL dear.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I'm so glad baby is doing good and that you have an answer as to why you keep having the bleeding.  I hope it resolves itself soon so you don't have to keep dealing with scares

mnmo3bb
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I have had that with at least 3 out of my 5 pregnancies. This pregnancy my spotting is the worse. It was found at 6 weeks but the heart beat wasn't. I am told it is too early and my HCG levels increased like I should but I can't help but worry... can't wait until my 12 week ultrasound on May 23rd!

bbmkfo03
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I had a SCH too at 9 weeks then I had another u/s at 11.5 weeks and it was much smaller, like just a small dot on the screen. I've got my 20 week scan next week so I'm hoping its all gone. I haven't had any cramping or bleeding since then so I think it is. I've just been making sure not to do too much.

newmom2be08
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad that everything is okay with the baby!  Praying!

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM

From what you described it sounds like thats probably what it was.  Im sorry they never found out for you I know how frustrating it is not to know but thank you for the support because you have kept me hopeful!! :)

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

I hope everything goes well! Those subchorionic bleeds are kinda scary - I think that's what I had with my second daughter but I was never officially diagnosed. Still praying for a healthy baby for you! :)

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Im so sorry for your loss.  I have not had bleeding that is period like, it usually only comes when I go to the bathroom or occassionaly a spot on my underwear.  The spot is very small and luckily my doctors are being very vigillant to help me.  I will definitely keep this in mind though and mention it to them at my next check up in a week! ((HUGS))

Quoting tinyfootprint:

Im so sorry u had to experience that.....im going to tell u my story..just to share with you...not to scare u.....I had the exact same thing at 13 weeks...and yes it was a lot of blood....more then a period...I bled for about 5 days..and it then changed to brown discharge...was put on bed rest for a week...went back to work...no bleeding...no cramping...went to have an ultrasound done at 17weeks and there was no heart beat :(900 my baby passed away...I delivered him the next morning...according to the death cert...the cause was a cord thrombosis..the dr thinks with all the bleeding a clot formed.....after my lost I read several articles stating the aspirin has been found effective to thin of the blood to prevent this...I sometimes wondered if I should have been put on an aspirin after the bleeding stopped...I don't want u to think everyone who has a sch has a miscarriage because they don't...I wish u the best of luck...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)