• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother's Day

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

Even though I have my beautiful DD, who is 18 months right now, how bad is Mother's Day going to suck?

It dawned on me today that so much reminds me already, but what about Mother's Day? DH knows that I am crushed, but he doesn't understand the triggers...or why people sometimes name their loss in the earlier stages...or why someone calls their loss he or she when it was too early to know. He's a guy. He's not going to understand that I consider myself a mom of 3, when I only have 1 here with me. Both of my angels were lost far too soon to know if they were he or she, but I believe that angel 1 was a boy, and angel 2 was a girl. Just a hunch. Oddly, losing my first angel was much more expected, so Mother's Day didn't really occur to me. It only took meaning for me once DD was here. One of those "you don't really know til it happens" kinda things. I didn't get emotionally attached to things before DD.

So for those who've been thru it....how bad is this going to suck?

Lilypie - (MfHt)Loading Ticker...

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emilysingleton
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

SO sorry for your loss. This will be my first mother's day after my miscarriage. I am totally dreading it. I hope it is not too hard but I am not to optimistic for that to be true. Hang in there.

MorganCandy666
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Sorry for you're losses hun.

I have had two losses.
1st - May 2009. I think it was a girl.
2nd - May 2010. Boy.

Mothers day is hard for me since I lost both in May.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM

My loss was in Jan 2010 and at that time I had already had my daugther who was almost 2.  Mothers day wasn't to bad for me and I definantly thought about my angel baby that day but I still got through the day ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)