• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking out....

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have had 8 miscarriages since my 3 healthy pregnancies. Its been a year since my last miscarriage, and I found out on Easter I am pregnant again. We werent even trying, just not paying attention, I was pretty shocked. 

ANyways, I had some blood work done, they said it looked fine... I got an ultrasound monday and there was a baby measuring 6 weeks with a heart beat, my miscarriages were all super early and my hcg never got above 300 so this was great news to me. Monday night I had some cervical mucus tinged with brown. I had the vaginal ultrsound so I said ok... I had it once, then one tuesday morning, but we had had sex monday night so I attributed it to that. Then last night we had sex, and this morning I had more cervical mucus tinged with brown. 

I dont know what to do. I am freaking out. It is not brown spotting, it is actual mucus. I have never had this with my full term pregnancies, only my mc although all but 1 started bright red. 1 started brown. I dont know what to think.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMommy813
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Take a deep breath, I totally understand why you'd be freaked out, rest, stay hydrated, talk to your doctor. If it were me I would stop having sex and see if the spotting stops. This, as you know, can be very normal. Just breath. Keep us updated :) I say a prayer for sticky baby dust for you, sometimes the best things happen when we are not even trying :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarksMama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I agree. Put yourself on pelvic rest and stay hydrated. No heavy lifting either if you can help it.

mrs_mckay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I have spotted bright red with all three of my pregnancies. The most with this one. The least with my angel baby. Lots of mommies spot early on. Try not to worry momma...keep your head up.

Artillwife01
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I have crazy cm with my pregnancies all 4 of them and had healthy babies

twinsmummy20
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Artillwife01:

I have crazy cm with my pregnancies all 4 of them and had healthy babies

Brown tinged?

JMmama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM
The general rule of thumb is that brown is old blood so it isn't something to worry about. Do some miscarriages start that way? Sure but from what I understand most brown spotting does not mean miscarriage. Personally, I would put myself on pelvic rest and call my doctor.

If it helps, I started spotting brown, sometimes it was mucousy, it continued to get worse and I sometimes spotted and sometimes bled bright red and heavy like a period with large clots until 2 days before my gender scan. However, I still went on to have a healthy full term baby boy.

With my miscarriage, I had no idea anything was wrong until I went to my 14 week appointment an there was no heartbeat. Focus on the heart beat you heard and think positive. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I agree. You'll be in my thoughts and i'll send tons of sticky baby dust your way.

Quoting LilysMommy813:

Take a deep breath, I totally understand why you'd be freaked out, rest, stay hydrated, talk to your doctor. If it were me I would stop having sex and see if the spotting stops. This, as you know, can be very normal. Just breath. Keep us updated :) I say a prayer for sticky baby dust for you, sometimes the best things happen when we are not even trying :)

mangie22
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM
You will be in my thoughts! Hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
BabyBrown102710
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:42 AM
No more sex untill 12 weeks or your dr says otherwise!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

twinsmummy20
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone, I had some light pink last night, then nothing the rest then at 8 this morning had a tiny bit of light pink, now nothing since. I dont think this sounds good. BUT, I have read...low progesterone causes all the syptoms that I have and I have like all the risk factors for having low progesterone... They never checked mine even though I have had 8 miscarriages why wouldnt they do that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)