Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Dreading the time to come

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 6 Replies
My mom called to tell me that my grandmother has given up. She has been in a nursing home for nearly six years and is now refusing to eat or drink. Mom says it will be "sooner than later."

Not sure how I will grieve my grandmother and baby. And my mom will need a lot of support that I may not be able to give?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
emilysingleton
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

So sorry for your loss and for what is going on with your grandmother. I am in a similar situation. My grandfather is having some serious health problems and my dad told me to be prepared for him to pass. I can't imagine grieving another loss right now. I think we will both just have to be selfish right now. Do what you need for you. Hang in there. I will pray for you and your family.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

((hugs)) I'm so sorry hun.

DarksMama
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Life needs to just give us all a damned break right now. Seriously. Sorry...I think someone 'peed in my cheerios' this morning. But I'm just SO pissed off for all of us.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this.

hugs

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
newmom2be08
by Sarah on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Sorry about your grandma.  My grandma has dementia and is slowly going downhill.  She is 96 and I keep preparing myself for the dreaded phone call that she has passed.  :(  Praying for you during this sad time.  HUGS!

MommaNoonoo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Thank you for your support.  Grandma passed this morning around 4 o'clock.  We are preparing for the funeral on Saturday.  I covet any prayers and good thoughts I can get.  This is a sad time for my family, but I believe my baby and my grandmother are together in God's house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)