• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im loosing my job basically bc I had a mc!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
Heres the story......
I took off a Monday bc my son was burning up hot/had a rash plus I had brownish discharge. (I was 12wks pg at the time) We both ended up at the ER. I ended up leaving with a midcarriage. Son a virus.. I went to wk Tuesday after only 2hrs of sleep.. After 2hrs there I broke down & left. I stayed out til Monday. (passed baby friday afternoon). Got to wk. "we need a release bacj to wk b4 u can return"... So I went hm. Fibally got into tge drs on Thursday. Returned on Friday. So 6wks later Im written up after leaving early one day bc I was sick with a,bad mirgraine. Their reasoning is bc.. I missed 8 days during my mc & leaving early 3 times this yr alone (once bc I was cramping & went to the dr) Im now on the chopping block. I was told if my kids are sick I have to stay at wk. If my kids are in a car accident I have to stay at wk. If my husband (repo man) is shot, I have to stay at wk. I was like.. I had a drs note that covered me while I was out, you act like I beat my own stomach to kill my unborn child bc I wanted to lay around at hm. (i wk for a dr, sad thing is his wife had a mc b4 so he knows the pain & gult)... Im trying to heal mentally & this is a huge slap in the face! Im soo mad.. I personally dnt want to ever go back. But I have to until I find something else.. I am on the hunt & pray I can get out of their before I am fired. Ive seen their job postings. So its a matter of time before I am replaced. I just dont get how I am being punished for something I couldn't have prevented! I sent 6 resumes out today.. Crossing my fingers!
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AidensMommy1026
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I am sorry mama, I wish you luck!

EmmaZate
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

So sorry for your loss Mama! 

Where do you live? Most places cannot Legally write you up or fire you if you had a doctors note. 

Wifey to Mat, Mommy to Beautiful Payten and 2 sweet Angel babies

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

((hugs)) i'm sorry hun.  I hope your able to find something else soon.

Pamela84
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Quoting EmmaZate:

Where do you live? Most places cannot Legally write you up or fire you if you had a doctors note. 

I live in Florida.. Our laws suck! Im hoping to get out of there asap..
EmmaZate
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Im sorry Mama! do you have a union where you work? maybe you can complain to someone higher than the guy that wrote you up? :( I hope you can figure something out. 

Quoting Pamela84:

Quoting EmmaZate:

I live in Florida.. Our laws suck! Im hoping to get out of there asap..

Pamela84
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quoting EmmaZate:

Nope :( its a privately owned practice.. It was the office manager.. Its pain mgnmt. Im ready to get out of there. I usually wk at family practice. But it was a good job offer at the time so I took it.. Im ready to grt back to family practice or obgyn so I can focus on getting my RN degree..
EmmaZate
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I hope you cn find a new practice soon!!! <3 GL!

Quoting Pamela84:

Quoting EmmaZate:

Nope :( its a privately owned practice.. It was the office manager.. Its pain mgnmt. Im ready to get out of there. I usually wk at family practice. But it was a good job offer at the time so I took it.. Im ready to grt back to family practice or obgyn so I can focus on getting my RN degree..

newmom2be08
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I'm sorry.  Companies can be sticklers about taking time off.  Hope it all works out.  Hang in there!

busyizzybsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Ouch! Sounds like you have a nasty office manager. Any way you could talk to the doc you work for and get him to talk to the office manager? I'm pretty sure that would work where my husband is...

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Im so sorry you are having to deal with this.  I hope you are able to find a new job and not  go through the stress of dealing with them anymore.  They sounds like idiots! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)