Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Negative blood test UPDATE (preg mentioned)

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I had 4 positive tests at home at 4 and 5 weeks. I went and had a blood test at the hospital (7 weeks) to make it official (military) and it was negative. I have to go in for another blood test on monday but I'm not trying to get my hopes up. I'm still experiencing morning sickness and breast tenderness and it feels so cruel. I haven't bled any yet. I did cramp a bit a week or so ago but it wasn't painful so I wasn't worried at the time. I'd like to say that I feel better today than I did yesterday when I found out but that would be a lie.

Well, I went in yesterday and took another blood test and it was positive. I'm furious that I worried all weekend when they messed something up. Last year I miscarried (before I knew) and I was terrified it was happening again. 

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2be360
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Aww I've took a test it was positive and now I'm spoting we're praying our lil one is ok we want this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2be360
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I pray good news for you.

Quoting fmchavez:

So I had 4 positive tests at home at 4 and 5 weeks. I went and had a blood test at the hospital (7 weeks) to make it official (military) and it was negative. I have to go in for another blood test on monday but I'm not trying to get my hopes up. I'm still experiencing morning sickness and breast tenderness and it feels so cruel. I haven't bled any yet. I did cramp a bit a week or so ago but it wasn't painful so I wasn't worried at the time. I'd like to say that I feel better today than I did yesterday when I found out but that would be a lie.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsmummy20
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Thats sooo odd! Our bodies are crazy, that is my story and im sticking to it! I am hoping for the best for you! 

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Hoping everything is ok and you get a better answer. Have you taken another test at home since the negative hospital test. Good luck

Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I am hoping for the best too... Please let us know.
newmom2be08
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Hugs!

alanasmumma
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Hoping for the best!

fmchavez
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I just took another at home test and it says positive so I really don't know what to think. If they messed up my test I will be furious.
MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Im so sorry :(  I had this exact thing happen to me when I was in the military.  I got the positive (a bunch of them) and then when I went to get my levels drawn it was negative.  It was heartbreaking.  I hope you get some good news at the next blood draw... ((HUGS))

Happily married  to my true love Bobby, Mommy to my gift from God, Joselyn and furry baby Bulgoki :)  

iSMILEheCRIES
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I just don't trust those military doctors.  Pee on a stick that morning and take it with you and demand an ultra sound.  Hell, tell them you wanna pee on a stick FIRST so they can know you aren't imagining stuff.  Good luck honey, and I still see hope for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)