Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

So the oter day after having being intimate I realized I dont even know if my levels are down so how would I know if I got pregnant again...does that make since like how would i know if they were new HCG levels or old ones...I'm not trying yet but my husbands not going to wear a condom and he was leaving for a month so i wasnt not going to have sex (didnt want to start bc cause i am gonna actively try after one or 2 cycles) so i took a test this mornin figuring it would be negative then if it takes over four weeks for my period to come I'll take another test and know whether or not my bodies jsut takin more time to level out or if im really pregnant (i know it can take several weeks to get a period but i would be able to sit around and not know lol gotta love 88cent tests)....well the test this mornin was positive light but darker than when i first found out....i had my d&e on the 17th and quit bleeding/spotting on thursday (i think)....so i know i wouldnt get a positive yet thats not what im asking....im just asking can u get pregnant while you still have elevated HCG levels and how long did it take for your alls levels to drop if u werent very far along....i should have been 9 wks and my levels reflected that although my baby miscarried much earlier my body still thought i was having a healthy pregnancy and the levels reflected that

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (11-16):
Mieshia78
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM

You dont have to wait for your doc I did the same thing when I first had m/c and I called my doc to request that I have labs done well come to find out I was suppose to go that following week but I didnt know this is my first time having a miscarriage and my kids are fifteen years apart I found out I was pregnant with my 2 1/2 year old when I was 6weeks. but you dont have to wonder ask and request and if they wont do it go somewhere eles but there should not be a problem.(hugs)

JocelynsMama1
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Thanks for the hugs (even reading it on a comp puts a smile on my face) I went to a follow up appointment and he still didnt say anything about it so im assuming he was jsut going to let them fall on their own so im going to give it 2-4 more weeks and then if im still getting positive tests ill call him and ask to have blood work done...im sure if i ask for the labs he wouldnt care to have them done he seems pretty good at doing whatever would make the patient feel best

Quoting Mieshia78:

You dont have to wait for your doc I did the same thing when I first had m/c and I called my doc to request that I have labs done well come to find out I was suppose to go that following week but I didnt know this is my first time having a miscarriage and my kids are fifteen years apart I found out I was pregnant with my 2 1/2 year old when I was 6weeks. but you dont have to wonder ask and request and if they wont do it go somewhere eles but there should not be a problem.(hugs)

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

.bombshell.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I had a missed miscarriage so when I thought I was 13wks my levels were at 89.
Two days later they were at 50. Not sure how soon they went to 0 tho. Never did another blood draw.
Since no one knows exactly when my baby passed I can't be for sure on how fast my levels went down.

Sorry I'm not that much help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonGlisson
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Yes you can I hear and my Dr said be careful cause it happens that easy and your uterus may not be healed to hold a pregnancy. I just went through my second dnc. My first time af 6 weeks later. This time around not sure when it will arrive cause my levels were high before dnc. Be careful and try to wait one cycle so you heal. I'm debating if my af comes within 6-8 weeks I'm ttc after that cycle if it comes at 4 weeks I will wait till cycle 2 that's just me being cautious. After my first dnc we waited 2 cycles and still didn't concieve for a year and still lost the baby. This time around ovulation kits so it may nit takes so long and waiting on blood work for treatments on next pregnancy. Good luck
JocelynsMama1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM

i should have been 8 weeks when i started bleeding ....but mine was a missed mc as well and my baby never even formed and attatched but my body thought i was pregnant so my levels were 20,000 and i even got morning sickness after there obviously was not a baby.....so much for people saying the throwing up is a sign of a healthy pregnancy :(

Quoting .bombshell.:

I had a missed miscarriage so when I thought I was 13wks my levels were at 89.
Two days later they were at 50. Not sure how soon they went to 0 tho. Never did another blood draw.
Since no one knows exactly when my baby passed I can't be for sure on how fast my levels went down.

Sorry I'm not that much help.

JocelynsMama1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM

thanks and good luck to you as well....I'm hoping AF comes while my husband is gone to training because then i'll start trying when he gets back...i think im only going to wait one cycle to start I wasnt too far along and they said because I already have one daughter one very early miscarriage doesnt bring my chances for a repeat up any

Quoting shannonGlisson:

Yes you can I hear and my Dr said be careful cause it happens that easy and your uterus may not be healed to hold a pregnancy. I just went through my second dnc. My first time af 6 weeks later. This time around not sure when it will arrive cause my levels were high before dnc. Be careful and try to wait one cycle so you heal. I'm debating if my af comes within 6-8 weeks I'm ttc after that cycle if it comes at 4 weeks I will wait till cycle 2 that's just me being cautious. After my first dnc we waited 2 cycles and still didn't concieve for a year and still lost the baby. This time around ovulation kits so it may nit takes so long and waiting on blood work for treatments on next pregnancy. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN