Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

how long till your levels go down

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM
  • 16 Replies

So the oter day after having being intimate I realized I dont even know if my levels are down so how would I know if I got pregnant again...does that make since like how would i know if they were new HCG levels or old ones...I'm not trying yet but my husbands not going to wear a condom and he was leaving for a month so i wasnt not going to have sex (didnt want to start bc cause i am gonna actively try after one or 2 cycles) so i took a test this mornin figuring it would be negative then if it takes over four weeks for my period to come I'll take another test and know whether or not my bodies jsut takin more time to level out or if im really pregnant (i know it can take several weeks to get a period but i would be able to sit around and not know lol gotta love 88cent tests)....well the test this mornin was positive light but darker than when i first found out....i had my d&e on the 17th and quit bleeding/spotting on thursday (i think)....so i know i wouldnt get a positive yet thats not what im asking....im just asking can u get pregnant while you still have elevated HCG levels and how long did it take for your alls levels to drop if u werent very far along....i should have been 9 wks and my levels reflected that although my baby miscarried much earlier my body still thought i was having a healthy pregnancy and the levels reflected that

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost mine right after I found out I was expecting. Do my levels dropped pretty fast. I think you can get pregnant right after. I would just wait a bit then go see your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

i think im just gonna test every 4 days and see if the line gets lighter and if it stays ill call him at 6 weeks since the bleeding stopped...im sorry for your loss as well

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM

with my first loss i had a d&c and tested negative on a test after 3 weeks.  With my second I wasnt testing as we havent even discussed ttc.  So with this one i am not sure how long it took for levels to go down.

JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM

can i ask if u remember how mny weeks after the negative test you got AF

Quoting Amy_M:

with my first loss i had a d&c and tested negative on a test after 3 weeks.  With my second I wasnt testing as we havent even discussed ttc.  So with this one i am not sure how long it took for levels to go down.

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

It was about 5 weeks that AF showed, but everyone is different, it can be up to 8 weeks before AF comes back. 

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

Quoting Amy_M:

JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM

thats what ive seen...just thought id ask...this is all so confusing 

Quoting Amy_M:

It was about 5 weeks that AF showed, but everyone is different, it can be up to 8 weeks before AF comes back. 

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

Quoting Amy_M:

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM

To be honest it really doesnt get less confusing.  I was a regular 28 day cycle, after my first loss it was not regular.  The second af was LONG and really heavy for one day.  It is incredibly frustrating and now that i have had a second loss only 5 months later it is even more so.  I am not sure when AF will show her ugly face this time around, I just know to not expect too much, it can take months for your body to get back to "normal" where as other women go back to normal right away.

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

Quoting Amy_M:

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

Quoting Amy_M:

JocelynsMama1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM

oh my goodness

Quoting Amy_M:

To be honest it really doesnt get less confusing.  I was a regular 28 day cycle, after my first loss it was not regular.  The second af was LONG and really heavy for one day.  It is incredibly frustrating and now that i have had a second loss only 5 months later it is even more so.  I am not sure when AF will show her ugly face this time around, I just know to not expect too much, it can take months for your body to get back to "normal" where as other women go back to normal right away.

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

Quoting Amy_M:

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

Quoting Amy_M:

Mieshia78
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I had a m/c in mid march and I was almost 6weeks along when I first found out I was miscarring at er my levels were 1600 went to er next day and levels dropped 700 started bleeding for 5 days had levels checked 2 weeks later was only 647 so went to the doc to get the shot to help my levels drop and my levels were still high only dropped to 447 and I have to go to the doc again this week to get levels checked again after bleeding for 5 more days my have to get shot again so frustrating cause hubby and I are ready to try again!

JocelynsMama1
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM

oh my goodness! Stressful! they didnt even test my levels after my d&e...wish i knew what was going on versus sitting waiting around for a period

Quoting Mieshia78:

I had a m/c in mid march and I was almost 6weeks along when I first found out I was miscarring at er my levels were 1600 went to er next day and levels dropped 700 started bleeding for 5 days had levels checked 2 weeks later was only 647 so went to the doc to get the shot to help my levels drop and my levels were still high only dropped to 447 and I have to go to the doc again this week to get levels checked again after bleeding for 5 more days my have to get shot again so frustrating cause hubby and I are ready to try again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)