Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

As most of you know, my 5 year old has seizures. Well we have had all of his testing done that has been schedual so far. Nothing is showing on the EEGs but his MRI has stayed the same. The tumor has not gotten any bigger. Well now we are going to be headed up to the Cleveland Clinic in the next month for a couple of more scans. They are saying he has Elispey.

Now my boss is threating to fire me over my kids have medical issues. I know they are not a loud to do that and they cant say anything about having poor profermance when I am at work. I work my butt off and just had an outstanding review a couple of days ago.

Now to Austy. He is now 6 months old and is currently in the hospital. He quit breathing on me and he has turned purple a couple of times. He has had a fever for 4 days and we now have it under control. He has also been diagonsed with seizures. If it is not one thing it is another.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

((hugs)) i'm so sorry things are going so rough for you right now.  Both of your kids will be in my thoughts hun.

sarahtessa
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM
You're right, federal FML law requires that they hold your job for you while you deal with medical issues.

Prayers for your little boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Praying for you all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM

oh goodness..you are dealing with a lot right now.  I will say a prayer for both of your boys...and strength for you!

Briansgirl11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM

my boss is threating to fire me too about my stepdad have seizures, my soon to e be husband is sick every day, i am sick sometimes and my son isn't feeling well either! I hate it when every job want to fire someone for medical issuses! 

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Definitely look up the Family Medical Leave Act and if they need reminding take a print out to them.  And record everything they say to you and by who (days and times).  That way if somehow they let you go for a "different" reason then you can take it to a lawyer and see if you have a case for wrongful firing because your kids were sick so they started looking for any other reason to fire you.  I had a job do that to me once and I regret not fighting it but at the time I was just so angry I just gave in to be rid of them.  

Sorry you have so much to deal with.  Sometimes it seems when one bad thing comes up its like a stack of dominos all falls one after the other.  I hope the doctors get it all figured out with your kids.  Hugs and prayers.

yksurepa_570
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Definitely look up the Family Medical Leave Act and if they need reminding take a print out to them.  And record everything they say to you and by who (days and times).  That way if somehow they let you go for a "different" reason then you can take it to a lawyer and see if you have a case for wrongful firing because your kids were sick so they started looking for any other reason to fire you.  I had a job do that to me once and I regret not fighting it but at the time I was just so angry I just gave in to be rid of them.  

Sorry you have so much to deal with.  Sometimes it seems when one bad thing comes up its like a stack of dominos all falls one after the other.  I hope the doctors get it all figured out with your kids.  Hugs and prayers.

I have been looking and I have all the documents about the law on my computer and I have a file itself for all the phone calls about what is going on.  My kids come first.  Since I posted this my baby flat lined twice.  So I am not playing around. He knew when he hired me that I have kids and 1 of them had seizures.  There is nothing I can do about finding out that the baby has them as well.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Quoting yksurepa_570:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

I have been looking and I have all the documents about the law on my computer and I have a file itself for all the phone calls about what is going on.  My kids come first.  Since I posted this my baby flat lined twice.  So I am not playing around. He knew when he hired me that I have kids and 1 of them had seizures.  There is nothing I can do about finding out that the baby has them as well.

I hope they figure out whats wrong with your baby.  I'm sorry, I can only imagine how hard it is not knowing whats happening to your baby.

Irene1923
by Tina on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Aww....I am sorry you are going through all of this, and not only worrying about your family, but stressing about your job as well.  I agree with the others, keep documenting, but hopefully it doesn't come to needing it.  Praying for both of your little ones and hoping that they find out what is wrong.  *Hugs*

MommaBoop922
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Im so sorry for everything you are going through.  You and your kids are in my prayers and I hope things get better soon1 ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN