Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When i got my d&c surgery on friday the 27th, my ob/gyn give me some medical. I was taking Acetaminophen-oxycodone 1 tabs oral every 6 hours for 3 days as needed for pain (that medical was kicking my butt), Ibuprofen 600 mg for 10 days and methyleronovien 0.2mg oral three times a day for 1 days. 

Now that i am feeling okay but still having a hard time losing a baby (second child). then i was told to wait for 2 to 6 weeks to have sex again. i have appt tomorrow to get a doctor note for me to go back to work and need to make another appt next week. 

have you guys ever take this medical when you have d&c?

Acetaminophen-oxycodone

ibuprofen 600mg

methyleronovien

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Replies (11-14):
LilysMommy813
by Heather on May. 2, 2012 at 10:12 AM
I didn't need pain meds after, I didn't have any physical pain except my uterus felt bruised if I touched it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedgirl69
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:28 AM

What was the D&C like? I may need one. now trying incomplete miscarriage pills for 5 days. see new dr this friday for another ultrasound. i was only 5-7 weeks along when MC :O(

Briansgirl11
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:59 PM

d&c is like they take out the baby and clean you out from inside plus if you are having heavy bleeding, they will clean it out from the miscarriage and it make is easy to have another baby when you have next periods. I was 6 weeks and 1 days when i lost mine! my doc ask me if i want to do it at home and let it pass and i said no. D&C is the only thing to be safe as well. 

Quoting wickedgirl69:

What was the D&C like? I may need one. now trying incomplete miscarriage pills for 5 days. see new dr this friday for another ultrasound. i was only 5-7 weeks along when MC :O(

DarksMama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I didn't take anything at all. I have a weird uterus that refuses to contract, so I've never even had a cramp. I felt nothing but tired after my D&C.

But Oxycodone/hydrocodone/norco will definitely kick your butt if you aren't used to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)