Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dentist can prevent miscarriages!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I read an article which recommended a routine cleaning and check up before getting pregnant ...it stated that some miscarriages can be caused by tooth decay and infection....just wanted to dot my i's and cross my t's and went for a routine today...I want to try everything in my power to have a successful rainbow baby when we try again...just wanted to share with u ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ashleysnicholas
by Ashley on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Very interesting thanks for sharing.
BlackCat7
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Is this just another way to get me into the dentist office? They always want more money.

clintonstreet
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Good advice!  I went the same route as you trying to dot my i's & cross my t's before trying again.  I went to the dentist just weeks after my miscarriage for my routine check-up.  Before that, I hadn't been to the dentist in way too long.  We'd hoped to start trying in May but we have to wait because next week I'm getting my 4 wisdom teeth removed.  Who knows if it will help but I tried.  Best wishes to you when you start trying again!

newmom2be08
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Interesting.  I have never heard that.  Thanks for sharing!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I don't know about miscarriage but I know you have to take good care of your teeth while pregnant especially in the 2nd and 3rd term because tooth decay and gum disease can cause pre-term labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)